Suggestions

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

other peoples trees

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Susan

Susan Report 6 Oct 2011 20:18

I seem to be unable to search other peoples trees when they open them to me,this makes it difficult to find shared ancestors,anyone help please Roger Holmes

InspectorGreenPen

InspectorGreenPen Report 7 Oct 2011 05:59

If you look at the message at the top of the board, it tells you as follows:-

"This board is for you to add your suggestions for changes you would like to see made to Genes Reunited. We will be unable to respond to each post individually, but we will be checking the suggestions regularly and taking your suggestions on board."

If you have a problem with using the site, or believe it is not working correctly then you need to report the details to the support team, who will be able to help.

You can email them [email protected] or use the 'Contact Us' option under 'Help' at the top of the page. Let them know which browser, version and operating system you are using, together with details of the problem.

If you just want general advice from other members, then the Genealogy Chat Board is probably the correct forum.

When you say you are unable to search what exactly do you mean? I have just checked one of the trees I have access to and it is functioning correctly. Is it a case, perhaps, that you are getting nothing back from the search, based on the criteria you are entering? If so try entering less, just a surname, perhaps, and see what that does.