Suggestions

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Adoption

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Claire

Claire Report 7 Oct 2011 19:27

Is there any way that a second set of parents could be added to a person to accommodate those of us who are adopted and wish to include their birth parents on the tree

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 7 Oct 2011 19:35

Hi

This board is for you to add your suggestions for changes you would like to see made to Genes Reunited, not for help requests ..... see the header notice under the board name!

If you want general advice, use the Genealogy Chat board.

If you want members to help with specific lookups then use either the Find Ancestors or Find Living Relatives Board.

please delete this posting from this board once you have transferred the information to the Genealogy Chat board.

sylvia

Claire

Claire Report 7 Oct 2011 20:08

I thought I was making a suggestion! That it be made possible to add another set of parents to a person who is adopted and wishes to include their birth parent in the tree

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 7 Oct 2011 20:30

oooops

sorry, I misunderstood what you said.

In that case, .......... I hope you will get a response from GR soon!!

sylvia

Ru

Ru Report 7 Oct 2011 23:13

May I make a suggestion.

Could those of you who wish to be of help take care when addressing the replies that they do understand what is being asked for. We do not all possess the same ability in putting forward our case. sometimes a quick rebuff can put people off completely.

I read your suggestion Unknown and it was quite clear you were making a suggestion.

SylviaInCanada has a great passion to help as she has done for me in the past. I can say from experience how I was easily put off initially when I deleted a thread and had a barrage of discussion about me on the site. Not a good look, but it does make you more determined to continue.

I hope you get some response to your suggestion Unknown and are not put off.

Sappho (down under).

Estelle

Estelle Report 10 Oct 2011 14:35

Hi, thanks for your suggestion. We do have a team dedicated to working on the tree and I'll certainly pass this on to them. At the moment you do need to two separate registrations - one for your adopted tree and one for your birth family.

Estelle