Suggestions

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Gift subscriptions

Genes Reunited gift subscription

Do you know someone interested in discovering their family history?

You can now buy a gift subscription to Genes Reunited so they can research their family tree.

Buy gift or redeem gift

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Bright Solid, please spend money on genes reunited

Page 0 + 1 of 3

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Joy Kentish Maid

Joy Kentish Maid Report 21 Oct 2011 21:19

Please, Bright Solid, spend money on genes reunited to make it work efficiently; it is the slowest site that I know, and one can see various issues reported in the suggestions board. It would be pointless me sending an email to support or technical etc; I would be asked which browser I use and my response would be that I use internet explorer, firefox and chrome. One can see from the reported issues that the "bugs" in the site have been about for many months; it is frustrating, as I am sure you will appreciate. Thank you.

Joy Kentish Maid

Joy Kentish Maid Report 21 Oct 2011 22:32

I posted that on facebook on 14 October.
GR assured me that the speed and efficiency of the site is something they are always striving to improve and it was hoped I would begin to notice improvements soon.

The same day:

Today using google chrome:-
"No data received
Unable to load the webpage because the server sent no data.
Here are some suggestions:
Reload this webpage later.
Error 324 (net::ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE): The server closed the connection without sending any data."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The service from genes reunited over the last months, not just today, has been unacceptable.

Sally

Sally Report 21 Oct 2011 22:39

i agree

sally w :-S

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 22 Oct 2011 01:37

I agree!

InspectorGreenPen

InspectorGreenPen Report 22 Oct 2011 06:50

http://www.genesreunited.co.uk/boards.page/board/genealogy_chat/thread/1283723

Joy Kentish Maid

Joy Kentish Maid Report 22 Oct 2011 08:58

IGP - GR did say in facebook that posts from them would appear here so presumably you are directing me to one; it would differ from my plea above.

Gins

Gins Report 22 Oct 2011 09:57

What a pile of poop this site is :-| :-| :-|

The worrying thing is that GR have posted telling us that it has been fixed........yer avin a laugh!

Wonder if it because its the weekend and they havent got the staff to sort it?

Chris Ho :)

Chris Ho :) Report 22 Oct 2011 10:05

Well who are the 'Technical Support 'Team, have we ever seen their names, or postings?...or is Phil Jack of all Trades...

From a very fedup and fuming Chris :)

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 22 Oct 2011 21:51

and it's still not working properly

Click on Board name

Board opens

Click on Thread title

Get the "OOPS" message

Click on Back button

thread has opened.

haven't yet been kicked off site though!

sylvia

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 22 Oct 2011 21:52

Chris

....... that would be very interesting to know!

I haven't seen any names that were not on "old" GR

but I do wonder if more is being spent on BS's original sites, such as fmp and Scotland's People.

GR being the bottom of the totem pole

............. it is also interesting to note that GR's "sister" site, Friends Reunited, also has a lot of complaints on it.

sylvia

Joy Kentish Maid

Joy Kentish Maid Report 23 Oct 2011 20:09

:-|

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 23 Oct 2011 20:22

well, it IS the weekend, Joy!!

I never expect a response from GR staff on the weekend

unlike other sites that I could name!

sylvia

Gins

Gins Report 23 Oct 2011 20:26

Yep still getting the error message tonight....not as bad as Friday/Saturday

KenSE

KenSE Report 23 Oct 2011 20:47

A short while ago I was consistently getting an instantaneous error message every time I tried to access any thread on the first page of the Suggestions board with the exceptions of the Daniel Elward thread and the Accessing Messages thread. The rest of the site seemed OK.

mrsfeat

mrsfeat Report 23 Oct 2011 23:58

I have been getting error messages all weekend with certain searches I was making - very frustrating, as you have all said.

More annoying is the fact that I was eventually kicked out of the site and also Internet Explorer. I then had to reboot our router to get into any of my systems.

I appreciate a site this size having problems now and again ( even though I'm paying top dollar to use it ), but I do get very annoyed when it impacts on other applications.

Please get this sorted soon.

Muffyxx

Muffyxx Report 24 Oct 2011 09:27

This site ...for those who now have to pay six monthly is no longer a cheap option...so for the £18 a year I pay I do expect a better service than this.

Was less mithered when I only paid £7.50 a year ...(increased because I took a membership break)...so I have to say I agree with Joy. It IS about time some of this money is reinvested into the site as it's really not fit for purpose at the moment.x

Gins

Gins Report 24 Oct 2011 09:35

Oi.....why is my avatar on other peoples profiles!

Chris Ho :)

Chris Ho :) Report 24 Oct 2011 10:44

Genes 24 Oct 2011 09:40
Our development team are currently investigating the site issues that have been experienced over the weekend. We hope to identify the problem and have it fixed very soon. We will keep you updated but in the mean time we apologise profusely for any inconvenience caused.

The Genes Team

(above now on Announcements!)

Chris :)

edits (Oh!, would that now be passed back to Phil then?)...

Joy Kentish Maid

Joy Kentish Maid Report 24 Oct 2011 19:10

For information:
Bright solid address
38 - 41 Fourth Floor
199 Bishopsgate
London
EC2M 3TY
T: 020 3326 6320
F: 020 3326 6301

Edited - thank you to RollotheRed.

Joy Kentish Maid