Suggestions

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

MESSAGE ON FACEBOOK PAGE

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Cynthia

Cynthia Report 22 Oct 2011 13:25

This message appeared this morning.

Genes Reunited

Good morning everyone. We are sorry to hear some of you are still having problems accessing the site. Please click on this link to reset your cookies - http://www.genesreunited.co.uk/static/ResetCookies.aspx?Tested=Y. You will need to log in again once you have done that but you should be able to navigate and use the site without problems.

Genes Reunited – Family History Records and Family Trees

It has been asked what happens to those who are not on FB.....no reply as yet.

It has worked for me so far but, no doubt, time will tell.

Cx

wisechild

wisechild Report 22 Oct 2011 13:58

For the benefit of non Facebook users, could we not have had the message on the site it relates to.
GR strikes again.
Is it some sort of plot to force us to use Facebook whether we want to or not???

MargaretM

MargaretM Report 22 Oct 2011 14:21

Thanks very much, GR. I'm another person who never ever uses Facebook!

GlitterBaby

GlitterBaby Report 22 Oct 2011 16:24

Still showing total lack of respect to its members

I only joined FB because of GR continually posting information on that site which should be showing on this site first

Do not like FB and have only looked at it twice. Certainly would not be looking at it again to see what is happening on GR

wisechild

wisechild Report 22 Oct 2011 16:33

Margee.
Welcome to the club. There are loads of us who are Facebook refusenicks.
All we have to do is convince Genes that it´s common courtesy to notify it´s members on their own site.

GlitterBaby

GlitterBaby Report 22 Oct 2011 16:52

They have not listened in the past so would not hold your breath on this one

Cynthia

Cynthia Report 22 Oct 2011 16:52

Whilst I love FB, I think it is very bad form for GR not to post an announcement on here. I've just checked but nothing to be seen.

Not good.

Genes

Genes Advisor Report 23 Oct 2011 09:57

Hi everyone, we have also posted on Genes on our announcements page and on general chat. Here's a link to our thread - http://www.genesreunited.co.uk/boards.page/board/announcements/thread/1283724.

Joy

Joy Report 23 Oct 2011 10:12

Re "Here's a link to our thread -"
- I clicked on the link and the following appeared:

Page Not Found
Sorry, we couldn't find the page you were looking for.
The page you requested, http://www.genesreunited.co.uk/boards.page/board/announcements/thread/1283724 is not a valid address on Genes Reunited.

If you have typed this address manually, please check it and try again. If you have clicked on a link to get here there might be problem with the link. We always record information automatically regarding errors like this and actively try to fix them.

The link on the referring page seems to be wrong or outdated. Please inform Genes Reuinited about the error using the Contact Us link under the Help menu.

wisechild

wisechild Report 23 Oct 2011 14:11

Sounds about right Joy.
Why should we be given any consideration??
After all we only pay to use the site,

Kense

Kense Report 23 Oct 2011 16:42

The link Genes gave had a spurious fullstop on the end. This should work:
http://www.genesreunited.co.uk/boards.page/board/announcements/thread/1283724

MargaretM

MargaretM Report 23 Oct 2011 17:39

One would think that when GR posts a link they would check it to make sure it works. I always do but then I'm only an unpaid volunteer.

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 23 Oct 2011 18:55

ah yes, Margee

but because we are not alwsays sure what we are doing, we do tend to double check ourselves.

GR staff are supposed to be the experts, so I guess they don't check ;-)