Suggestions

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Hide details

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Carlo

Carlo Report 24 Oct 2011 17:20

Have you ever thought of been able to roll up sections of family's with a double click or some drop down menu so as to make tree navigation easier.

Are there alternate views available like viewing the tree horizontally.

I have several adopted relations who i know the background of their real family history. There is currently no facility to put 2 sets of parents against one person. Is this possible?

I have made an error deep within my tree working back to the 1600s when i try to amend this error and try and delete the error it says it will delete all the relations below the error. How can i write the tree going back to 1600s and then delete all the relations to the current time surly this can be resolved with some sort of click and drag or link. I cannot resolve my tree error without exporting the whole tree to another site and then loosing all the items ive added? :-(

Lindsey*

Lindsey* Report 24 Oct 2011 18:09

You really need a good Family tree program that can deal with adopted children etc.
There are several features not aviailable on a Genes tree,

InspectorGreenPen

InspectorGreenPen Report 24 Oct 2011 18:23

Lindsey, Carlo is asking for an enhancement - he is aware that the feature is not available on GR, that is why he has put it on Suggestions. That is just what this board is for.....!

Carlo,

This is a very good suggestion and worth GR management considering.

Trouble is it might get lost amongst the whinges about site performance which are appearing on this board.

Put the letters ENH: before your heading as this will make it stand out better and don't be afraid to nudge up if it gets lost down the pages, and good luck.

PS
Also you might want to change the heading wording to reflect what you would like to see changing, eg Enhancements to GR tree, or something on those lines.

AmazingGrace08

AmazingGrace08 Report 25 Oct 2011 04:27

Hi carlo,

Send an email through to GR, I know that they have been able to help people who have made a similiar mistake and have been able to rectify it for them, rather than removing numerous records.

I agree would be nice to select differing ways to view your tree,... :-)