Suggestions

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

when will the 'search' function work ?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

chrissiex

chrissiex Report 25 Oct 2011 04:20

in view of the horrible hideousness going on everywhere with everything on the site this is a problem of petty proportions

but it is an essential function for people who use the help boards for various reasons

it is a service that is supposed to be provided to paying customers

I can imagine there have been other threads about this, but you will see my problem ... I can't find those threads because ...

THE SEARCH FUNCTION DOES NOT WORK

or maybe it is me and I should just clear my cache and delete my cookies

InspectorGreenPen

InspectorGreenPen Report 25 Oct 2011 06:27

It isn't petty but most likely part and parcel of the current spate of issues with the database, causing errors when trying to navigate around the site.

As far as I can tell, it appears there are issues with some of the indexes that the database uses to to get from one part of the site to another.

Imagine a book where the index at the back has some of its pages missing or corrupt. Each time you try to search, or try to go to a page which should be in the missing part you get an error.

These missing bits will need to be rebuilt to get things working again, and this takes time, unfortunately.