Suggestions

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

date of burial

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Valerie

Valerie Report 21 Nov 2011 13:47

just a suggestion gr, would help if there was a place to enter the date of burial, right now i have to enter this in the notes section.
i find that i have more enteries with date of burial than date of death as parish records usually only have burial dates
thanks val

Persephone

Persephone Report 22 Nov 2011 01:46

Valerie,

Whilst I agree it would be handy.. I have this in my trees that are off site.. and it gets lost when trying to gedcom them back to here...

However, I think GR has probably got enough on their plate to get correct before they do this sort of enhancement.

Persie

Valerie

Valerie Report 22 Nov 2011 14:39

wouldnt really call this an enhancement, being able to get information on your tree should be a basic.

JerryH

JerryH Report 22 Nov 2011 16:58

This is something I would welcome too.

And I would also welcome a larger field in both the birth and death / burial fields so that I can enter a date properly. I refer specifically to events prior to 1754 that occured between 1st January and 25 March (Lady Day)

Nonetheless, a great site :-)

Valerie

Valerie Report 22 Nov 2011 21:36

totally agree jeremy, to be able to enter the full dates would be so much better as you said.

keep up the good work gr and this suggestion would enhance the information layout of our trees.