Suggestions

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Stickies

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 29 Dec 2011 17:13

The 'announcement' stickies on the gen board are taking up too much of the first page. Could they be kept to the announcement board please except for the current day and, of course our bereavement threads.
We don't need the intial announcement plus day 1, day 2, day 3 etc. We should, by now be in the habit of checking the announcement board as that is what it is for.

Island

Island Report 29 Dec 2011 17:27

I was about to put up a thread to the same effect.

GR team, please leave General CHAT for members to do just that and only have bereavement stickies, when requested, on that board.
SIX GR stickies make the board look like a website notice board and duplicating threads is against Ts&Cs.

Can announcements not just go on the announcements board? I had thought that was the purpose of such a board.

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 29 Dec 2011 17:49

................ and Phil is on his (well-deserved) Christmas/New Year break ......

so much as we hate the vast number of stickies that are appearing in this way ....................

I bet nothing will happen until after New Year ....................

by which time, we will have seen individual stickies for Days 1 through 12. :-P

sylvia

Muffyxx

Muffyxx Report 29 Dec 2011 17:50

Agreed...it's marginally more irritating than a board full of A-Zs....and that's going some.

Please move them elsewhere it's a pain having to plough through them to get to something I'm more likely to want to read.

Rambling

Rambling Report 29 Dec 2011 17:52

Message sent to GR Support team at 2.45 and not yet opened .....

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 29 Dec 2011 18:19

well, there'll be no one in the office, Rose

it's Christmas / New Year break

There will be no response until after New Year

and if there is

then you can call me a silly old cynic!

I truly, honestly, do not expect anything to be done this week.

We're on our own!

sylvia

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 29 Dec 2011 18:21

Except for the person who is adding stickies!!!!

Muffyxx

Muffyxx Report 29 Dec 2011 18:22

Nope someone is in....a thread has been removed from Chat in the last couple of hours.........

Rambling

Rambling Report 29 Dec 2011 18:24

Sylvia 'They' have said on FB that there is someone in the office ;-) ( lolol though it could be the cleaners I guess :-D )

Happy New Year when it arrives :-D

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 29 Dec 2011 18:30

Ann .............

Those stickies could be via computer, programmed to post a message at midnight UK time. No person needed

Muffy ...............

I think many threads are removed automatically, not by a person

that is the only explanation for the way some are removed that should not be removed.

either that or they used to farm it out to a "company" somewhere ........ both GR and sister company Friends Reunited used to use these "moderators" overnight and at weekends that had no idea what they were doing!

Rose ......

yep, the office cleaner!!

Happy New Year to you! Hope it will be a good one for all of us :-D

sylvia

Island

Island Report 29 Dec 2011 18:33

No point in waiting until GR have filled CHAT with stickies before we let them know we're not happy about it is there?

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 29 Dec 2011 18:39

Island ...................

I completely agree ..................

we should be letting them know, and know in spades!

I'm just being a complete cynic in not expecting anything to be done until after the event, because there is no-one there able to do anything

There might be one person in answering the telephone

we could flood them with emails complaining about it ..... then they'll certainly know on Tuesday morning when they come back to work

sylvia

GlitterBaby

GlitterBaby Report 29 Dec 2011 19:14

Getting a bit fed up with scrolling down the General Chat board because of all the stickies

Joy

Joy Report 29 Dec 2011 23:06

Please - as above.

By the way, day three is missing from announcements.

InspectorGreenPen

InspectorGreenPen Report 30 Dec 2011 11:51

It wasn't that long ago that certain vocal members were asking for more use of stickies. They were also asking for announcements to be made on ALL the boards, so that there would be no chance of anyone missing them.....!

Oh, well, you will never please all of the people all of the time or even some of the time, for that matter.

Joy

Joy Report 30 Dec 2011 11:53

Would you not like to see day three, IGP?

Rambling

Rambling Report 30 Dec 2011 12:09

Common sense was required, it wasn't used, now it has been, Hurrah!