Suggestions

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

scottish links

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Andrew

Andrew Report 14 Jan 2012 21:24

GR
I have hit a wall as some of relations are scottish or irish, I am a platinum member & spend enough on this site why should I join another to continue my journey ?????????? why Can't Genes b open for all, I love it on here & do spend hours on here how do others feel about this ??????????
:-0

Joy

Joy Report 14 Jan 2012 22:59

Andrew, hhttp://www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk/ is the official Scottish family history site.

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 15 Jan 2012 01:33

..... and the Scottish government does not allow any other site to carry their records

..... so it is not a GR fault, or problem

Hark at me, supporting GR!

sylvia

Vera2010

Vera2010 Report 17 Jan 2012 12:45

Andrew

I too have scottish and irish ancestors. Scotlands People is a pay to view site. Although I have said in the past that I find it expensive, especially as I have very common names to research, when you find a likely ancestor the information given is very good and muich fuller than other certs.

I do wish they would let me subscribe like other sites but it is not their policy to do so. I suppose that is the same as GRO anyway.

Vera

Andrew

Andrew Report 17 Jan 2012 23:21

I wish to make it clear that i enjoy my time on GR & have had the same probs with scotlands people have spent £28 & got practicully nothing again I do believe they should subscribe as many other sites but hey thats life :-( :-( :-(

Andrew

Andrew Report 17 Jan 2012 23:23

oh & this is samantha Sainty me & my husband share the subscribstion :-D

jax

jax Report 17 Jan 2012 23:47

I think you will find that many people subscribe to more than one site....its the way it is I'm affraid