Suggestions

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

New Military Records

New military records

Was your ancestor a war hero?

View thousands of brand new military records, including Chelsea Pensioner records, Military Nurses, Prisoners of war and much more.

View military records today

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

scottish links

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Andrew

Andrew Report 14 Jan 2012 21:24

GR
I have hit a wall as some of relations are scottish or irish, I am a platinum member & spend enough on this site why should I join another to continue my journey ?????????? why Can't Genes b open for all, I love it on here & do spend hours on here how do others feel about this ??????????
:-0

Joy Kentish Maid

Joy Kentish Maid Report 14 Jan 2012 22:59

Andrew, hhttp://www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk/ is the official Scottish family history site.

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 15 Jan 2012 01:33

..... and the Scottish government does not allow any other site to carry their records

..... so it is not a GR fault, or problem

Hark at me, supporting GR!

sylvia

Vera2010

Vera2010 Report 17 Jan 2012 12:45

Andrew

I too have scottish and irish ancestors. Scotlands People is a pay to view site. Although I have said in the past that I find it expensive, especially as I have very common names to research, when you find a likely ancestor the information given is very good and muich fuller than other certs.

I do wish they would let me subscribe like other sites but it is not their policy to do so. I suppose that is the same as GRO anyway.

Vera

Andrew

Andrew Report 17 Jan 2012 23:21

I wish to make it clear that i enjoy my time on GR & have had the same probs with scotlands people have spent £28 & got practicully nothing again I do believe they should subscribe as many other sites but hey thats life :-( :-( :-(

Andrew

Andrew Report 17 Jan 2012 23:23

oh & this is samantha Sainty me & my husband share the subscribstion :-D

jax

jax Report 17 Jan 2012 23:47

I think you will find that many people subscribe to more than one site....its the way it is I'm affraid