Suggestions

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

GR Team - a plea

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

GlitterBaby

GlitterBaby Report 15 Jan 2012 00:54

Your absence from the boards is very noticeable at the moment.

Threads on this board have not got any response from the team for quite some time now.

Are they actually being checked ? Any changes and suggestions being worked on ?

Are the members wasting their time posting anything on this board if the Team are not going to respond. Perhaps the Team are hoping the members will give up.

Feedback from the Team is well overdue.

If there is a good reason why this board is now being ignored then I suggest the Team post the reason why.

I am aware this has all been said before but the members need feedback.

:-(

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 15 Jan 2012 01:32

and there will be no answer until Monday at the earliest!

no-one with any authority seems to work from about 4 pm on Friday until 8 am Monday

so we'll just have to keep this near the top :-)

sylvia

GlitterBaby

GlitterBaby Report 16 Jan 2012 00:40

Well I am not holding my breath waiting for any reply on the boards even if it is now Monday.

GR what is going on ?? :-0 :-| :-S

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 16 Jan 2012 01:10

another 8 hours to go GB!

office hours ............ 8 am to 4 pm :-)

my dad used to call them Bankers Hours :-D

I've emailed them about tonight's RR'ing

sylvia

Joy

Joy Report 16 Jan 2012 15:45

Surely someone from the staff can post in response; there is a new post in the announcements board today.

GlitterBaby

GlitterBaby Report 16 Jan 2012 19:56

Really disgusted with GR and the lack of response to anything at the moment

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 16 Jan 2012 21:06

and, once again, there has been a response on FB, and not on ths site

There has been a thread running on Genealogy Chat re the fact that some people have been unable to see the infirmity column on the 1911 Census for people they have previously looked at, but that information is visible for neighbours, etc.

No response, of course.

That same question was asked on FB on Friday

and this response was posted this morning:-

Genes Reunited Hi Kate - You are right that it has to do with your cookies. Any images you have viewed before will be stored in your cookies, so are not refreshing to reveal the new image with the 'disability' column. If you delete your cookies and view the image again you should see the new version of the image. We will be doing a release this week that will refresh all of the images. Hope this helps.
12 hours ago

:-| :-| :-| :-|

sylvia

GlitterBaby

GlitterBaby Report 16 Jan 2012 21:20

Oops they have put their foot in it again.

Why, oh why, do they do that ?

Joy

Joy Report 16 Jan 2012 21:50

" Any images you have viewed before will be stored in your cookies, so are not refreshing to reveal the new image with the 'disability' column."

- this is not so according to find my past nor the original 1911 site; all previously viewed images I can see again with the revealed column.

Inconsistency to previous advice.

GlitterBaby

GlitterBaby Report 17 Jan 2012 09:26

Shot themselves in the foot really.

Any survey now conducted by GR will not be get a very good response from the members. Previous surveys have been done in such a way that members could not really answer in a way that they would have liked given the way the survey was setup. Did members ever get any feedback on survey results ?

Well they have been putting the nails in the coffin so I think they must now be digging the grave !!!!

Joy

Joy Report 17 Jan 2012 12:01

From home page:

Genes Reunited on Twitter
100 years ago today Robert Falcon Scott reached the Antarctic just a month after Roald Amundsen. We found him in the 1901 census.... Tue Jan 17 10:00:22
Who was Fannie Bryan? Delve into her magical century-old exercise book http://t.co/lv1L04SG #familyhistory #genealogy Tue Jan 17 09:38:07
Follow us

and posts on facebook today.

But no response at all in genes reunited site itself.

:-(

Joy

Joy Report 18 Jan 2012 12:25

If staff can post elsewhere and in the announcements board here, why not here in response to issues raised? :-(

Bazz

Bazz Report 18 Jan 2012 15:09

GR have introduced a "new Tree" which has major problems
I have been trying to print a tree since 5th December 2011 but all one gets is rubbish
I have contacted them on numerous occasions but I just keep getting fobbed off, eg "the problems will be resolved soon"
Why they withdrew the old system before the new one was tried and tested beggars belief
Again GR have been conspicuous by their absence of any reference to problems in this area and in any other area for that matter