Suggestions

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

new thread?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Cupcake

Cupcake Report 29 Jan 2012 17:19

Hi, am I being dumb because I can't read anywhere where it tells you how to start a new thread :-(
Regards Jan

Rambling

Rambling Report 29 Jan 2012 17:34

But you just did? lol

Rambling

Rambling Report 29 Jan 2012 17:36

The 'add topic' you used to start this thread is on all the boards in the top right corner :-)

~`*`Jude`*`~

~`*`Jude`*`~ Report 29 Jan 2012 17:57

and to reply to that thread you go to the bottom of thread of top right where it says " add reply "

easy peasy, you're half way there:)

MargaretM

MargaretM Report 30 Jan 2012 00:41

Ahem! You just started a new thread asking how to start a new thread!

Cupcake

Cupcake Report 30 Jan 2012 15:03

Oh dear stupid me should have explained myself better hahahaha...
Yes I know I started a new thread but ... I want to ask my question in the right place.
i.e.. under my previous post but new subject? does that make sense?
P.S and of course I am under the blanket but peeping out haha.. appreciate the humor .
Jan x

Rambling

Rambling Report 30 Jan 2012 15:42

Hi Janet , if you want to ask another question on the same thread you can always edit the title to read something like "Please see page 2 for new query" or " Help still needed see last post" something like that...is that what you mean? :-)

Rambling

Rambling Report 30 Jan 2012 15:45

just to add in case you don't know , you can find a previous thread you have posted, by clicking on 'My threads' in Tools menu on left of board :-)

Cupcake

Cupcake Report 30 Jan 2012 16:06

I have 2 threads going now lol ..neither with what I am trying to do :-S
my new thread was going to be a question about "volumes and numbering"
i.e. if A was the same name as B but had a different volume number could they still be of the same family?
Now there you see I have just put my question in this thread>>> was it the wrong way to do it??
Hecky thump I am confused :-S
Jan x :-D

Rambling

Rambling Report 30 Jan 2012 19:35

lol Janet so am I now :)

But I would suggest if you haven't already done so, just go to Genealogy Chat board and put a query on 'Volumes and page numbering' there.

But if it helps any this is an example from my own family

1883 birth
Fishlock Florence Ann Brentford 3a 90

1884 birth
FISHLOCK William James Brentford 3a 71

note same place is same vol 3a...these two happen to be siblings

whereas
1884 birth
Fishlock William Henry Brentford 3a 104
is not related.