Suggestions

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

credits left in account

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

GreatArtuin

GreatArtuin Report 3 Feb 2012 22:30

Can't seem to find out how to use 10 credits left. Any suggestions?

:-(

Joy

Joy Report 3 Feb 2012 22:59

Well, according to the 1911 census site, 1911 census transcriptions cost 10 credits at present so presumably it would be the same in genes reunited, too? (as both owned by Bright Solid).

Correction:
Having just checked in find my past:
Special offer: view the 1911 census at vastly reduced prices! Until 1 March 2012, you can view a 1911 census original image for 10 credits (previously 30) and a transcript for 5 credits (previously 10)

and in http://www.1911census.co.uk/content/default.aspx?r=33&72:
Until 1 March 2012, you can view a 1911 census original image for 10 credits (previously 30).
Until 1 March 2012, you can view a 1911 census transcript for 5 credits (previously 10). You can view a full transcript of everyone in the household, or a whole page of an institution.

So hopefully the cost would be the same in genes reunited.

GreatArtuin

GreatArtuin Report 4 Feb 2012 18:41

Thank Joy Kentish Maid, GR doesn't seem to want to know and keeps taking me to the buy more credits screen! I'll keep trying if that's what they say a reduced offer is.

Joy

Joy Report 4 Feb 2012 21:09

Try sending an email to [email protected] pointing out that the offer is in the other sites owned by Bright Solid :)

JerryH

JerryH Report 5 Feb 2012 00:09

Alternatively, you could try the newspaper archive to see if you can find anything interesting? Each image viewed is only 5 credits :-D

GreatArtuin

GreatArtuin Report 11 Feb 2012 20:41

Thanks Jeremy, the 10 credits lured me into the 'news'. Very interesting stuff.