Suggestions

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Membership

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Jean

Jean Report 19 Feb 2012 14:35

Would it be possible to indicate whether a member is a subscriber and therefore able to reply to queries, or just a guest unable to reply. I feel I am wasting my time sending messages when there maybe no one able to reply.
Perhaps a small (s) at the end of the membership number to indicate a subscriber.
Kind regards Jean. :-)

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 19 Feb 2012 14:55

Even a person with free membership can reply to messages according to the "terms and conditions". They just can't initiate any contact.

Kath. x

InspectorGreenPen

InspectorGreenPen Report 19 Feb 2012 18:02

The topic of non-response to messages comes up regularly and there is no easy answer as the reasons why members don't reply are many and varied.

In terms of enhancements to the GR system are concerned, the one I have suggested on a number of occasions is for GR to show the date and time of the last activity for each member against their profile.

This would allow you to make a decision as to whether it is worthwhile sending them a message.