Suggestions

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

New Military Records

New military records

Was your ancestor a war hero?

View thousands of brand new military records, including Chelsea Pensioner records, Military Nurses, Prisoners of war and much more.

View military records today

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Anyone else not get email when you have a message?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Kate

Kate Report 20 Feb 2012 19:58

I'm not getting an email any more to tell me when I have a new message on this site, but I am still getting other emails from the site such as the one telling me about "Who Do You Think You Are Live". I got an email today telling me I had "unread messages" but they were unread because I had never had an email to tell me about them in the first place when they were sent, about a week ago. I've had more messages today and no emails about them. I sent in an email to Support but I just got one back confirming that emails are sent to members when they have a new message and telling me to make sure to add GR to my "Safe Senders" list which is not applicable.

Just wondering if this is a common problem at the moment or is it only happening to me?

Kay????

Kay???? Report 20 Feb 2012 20:35

no its not kate,,mine went down 5/6 weeks ago and still dont get notification via email.....so site message maybe are just going to sit in the box if a visit to GR isnt made. :-S

Margee

Margee Report 20 Feb 2012 23:15

I'm still getting email notifications. Matter of fact I just got one.

Rambling Rose

Rambling Rose Report 20 Feb 2012 23:17

Recently mine were going to 'Spam' which they never had before, so I moved one to 'inbox' and they are now going there again.

Kay????

Kay???? Report 21 Feb 2012 18:43

mine havnt gone to email since Jan....none in spam or any other folder...

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 21 Feb 2012 21:59

Mine were also recently going to spam until I checked them as not spam. Only since the latest 'improvement' of the site. I am getting them now.