Suggestions

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

The British Newspaper Archive

British Newspaper Archive

Read about historical events at the time they were happening. Perhaps you'll discover your ancestor in their local newspaper?

Start searching

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Error !!!!

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sheila

Sheila Report 25 Apr 2012 09:03

Hi

Could anyone tell me if they have the same problem as me, :-) whenever, I want to access my sent messages to see if they have been opened, I get the error message up.
Also if I wanted to seach my mail box for mail from someone , as soon as I have entered their name into the box and search this also takes ages and then comes up as error.
It is driving me crazy now, been a member on here for nearly 9 years and never had so many problems :-(

LadyScozz

LadyScozz Report 25 Apr 2012 11:15

Sheila - You're one of a tribe! <3

Most of us could recite the dreaded purple Error Message in our sleep :-(

Sheila

Sheila Report 25 Apr 2012 11:24

Hi Scozzie,

And I thought I was special ;-) It is becoming a real pain as I cannnot tell if messages sent have been opened, also when someone from a while ago contact me I cannot access or search for our previous correspondance, has GR come back to anyone over this ?

LadyScozz

LadyScozz Report 26 Apr 2012 00:47

Sheila, the best thing you can do is send a message to GR (look under Help), but let them know you don't want the usual generic notice, you want a REAL answer.

The Error Message states it is logged, but the log must have over a million logged by now.

We keep getting told "we're working on it"........... doing what I wonder :-D

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 26 Apr 2012 01:17

Sheila ...................

I don't even get the Error message when I try to open Sent messages

I just get NOTHING

I haven't been able to see any Sent messages for at least 6 months

and GR does know about it ................. there is a thread re Message Centre on this board.

Quote from GR ..................... "we are sorry to hear of this problem. We are working on it"

pshaw! :-P

sylvia

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 26 Apr 2012 01:18

I've nudged my thread for you to see

this is the url for it

http://www.genesreunited.co.uk/boards.page/board/suggestions/thread/1286165

Joy Kentish Maid

Joy Kentish Maid Report 26 Apr 2012 08:26

"Could anyone tell me if they have the same problem as me, whenever, I want to access my sent messages to see if they have been opened, I get the error message up."

- yes.

Sheila

Sheila Report 26 Apr 2012 14:28

Seems like it is a major problem on here, there is many a time when I am helping someone and the names seem familiar from the past , and I cannot see what info we have exchanged before, :-(
So has everyone on here sent a message to GR and just got the automated message back ?. funny how they do not see all these comment and yet a while back on some of the thread we thought they had someone 27 7 with their find on the button deleting comments ;-)

I do not like the new format of FR either , maybe I am just getting old :-S