Suggestions

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Gift subscriptions

Genes Reunited gift subscription

Do you know someone interested in discovering their family history?

You can now buy a gift subscription to Genes Reunited so they can research their family tree.

Buy gift or redeem gift

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Posts requested for review

Page 1 + 1 of 4

1. «
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Joy Kentish Maid

Joy Kentish Maid Report 27 Jul 2012 18:12

News received:

Apparently there is a bug; although on the boards there are still reported posts waiting to be reviewed, in the site's system everything awaiting review has been cleared.
:-S

Joy Kentish Maid

Joy Kentish Maid Report 19 May 2013 12:23

Has the bug been fixed, please?

Joy Kentish Maid

Joy Kentish Maid Report 23 Jun 2013 15:01

Does the abuse team no longer respond at weekends?

Email sent to abuse@genesreunited.co.uk 22 June 2013 11:40:-

Please remove this thread

This thread

http://www.genesreunited.co.za/boards/board/general_chat/thread/1326731?d=desc
Wonderful - Stop being an absolute douchebag

was reported yesterday evening. Unfortunately the word giving offence is in the title so it still shows. Please remove it soon; the offensive title showing publicly does no good for the public image of GR.

Thanks.

DazedConfused

DazedConfused Report 23 Jun 2013 20:36

Well said Joy - one does wonder though if this offensive post will be removed. After all the poster is a 'friend' of the GR staff, according to her. Maybe she thinks the T & C ' s do not apply to her because of this.

And I hope they read the whole thread and not just the OP, then they can see the utterly vile attitude of the OP to others on here.

KenSE

KenSE Report 23 Jun 2013 22:01

It beggars belief that so many posters are offended by that word that they are keeping it on page 1. Why don't they just ignore the thread?

DazedConfused

DazedConfused Report 23 Jun 2013 22:46

Because by keeping it on page one we can hope that GR will possibly deal with it as it contravenes the T & C 's

But if you go to the thread now, it is degenerating into little more than a slanging match, albeit in some polite terms.

Lots of posts had now been RR'd.

This happens now almost every weekend and the culprit is more often than not the same person!!!

Porkie_Pie

Porkie_Pie Report 23 Jun 2013 23:03

Ken, If you read the whole thread you will note that members are not just offended by that word but by the continuing replies from the author which are just as vile,

every time the thread has got anywhere near the bottom of the board the thread author and one other members has added to the thread IMO to nudge it up the board for further attention seeking and controversy Both these members often start contentious threads and appear to do the same when their thread looks like disappearing off of page one.

Roy

Joy Kentish Maid

Joy Kentish Maid Report 24 Jun 2013 08:23

Email forwarded to theteam@genesreunited.co.uk 24 June 2013 08:18

with additiion of:

I hope you will understand it is worrying that this thread that gave offence, and in which much upset ensued, is still present three days after it was reported.

I still think that once a thread has been reported, it would be helpful for it to be locked; this would prevent ongoing upset within it before GR decides whether or not to remove it.

Thank you.

KenSE

KenSE Report 24 Jun 2013 09:31

Roy, fair enough, I haven't looked at the whole thread.

I am concerned about the amount of post reporting that goes on though. The person hours GR staff have to expend processing them could be better spent elsewhere. It would be interesting to know how much the average report costs to process.

I used to use the BBC boards a lot. There were dozens of them and you could discuss most things. Thanks to misuse a lot of them were closed and now with financial cutbacks there are only a couple left and you can only discuss BBC programmes on them.

I am afraid that GR might be nearing the point where they decide that the boards have outlived their usefulness.

Joy Kentish Maid

Joy Kentish Maid Report 24 Jun 2013 10:32

Thank you, GR, for removing that thread.

nameslessone

nameslessone Report 24 Jun 2013 11:29

What is the point of reporting the point of reporting such an old OP?

nameslessone

nameslessone Report 24 Jun 2013 11:35

I see the R&R'r has now got to the end of this thread.

The only thing Genes can now do is to stop All posting on All threads.

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 24 Jun 2013 11:35

well in all the time I've been on here I have never seen Joy post anything worthy of reporting

Gai

Gai Report 24 Jun 2013 12:37

Why on earth would anyone report one of Joy's post.

All this reporting of threads for no reason needs to stop and GR needs to take action against whoever keeps RR'ing threads.

Gai

Porkie_Pie

Porkie_Pie Report 3 Jul 2013 16:10

:-D@Phil and Joy

GR their are still several outstanding RR's to sort out on this thread

OP plus

Joy Kentish Maid 2 Jun 2012 09:17
This post has been requested for review

DazedConfused 23 Jun 2013 20:36

Joy Kentish Maid 24 Jun 2013 10:32

Roy

Joy Kentish Maid

Joy Kentish Maid Report 3 Jul 2013 22:02

One step at a time, Roy. :-)

Reggie

Reggie Report 3 Jul 2013 23:38

Why, in the name of sanity has the original on this thread been RR'd?

The post has been on here since 2012.

Someone is clearly in desperate need of psychiatric help

Reggie

Reggie Report 3 Jul 2013 23:40

The thread highlighted above does not now exist

Porkie_Pie

Porkie_Pie Report 4 Jul 2013 00:39

Reggie, The thread highlighted above does not now exist because as Joy was asking in that post to have it removed, It was after that threads removal that this thread became a victim of the RRer

This thread......OP and the other RR'd posts are still there because originally GR upheld the reported OP and deleted the thread

They have apologised to Joy and Phil has reinstated the thread but the RR'd posts are yet to be reinstated

Roy

Joy Kentish Maid

Joy Kentish Maid Report 4 Jul 2013 11:14

Restored - thanks to Phil - but has been reported again.