Suggestions

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Gift subscriptions

Genes Reunited gift subscription

Do you know someone interested in discovering their family history?

You can now buy a gift subscription to Genes Reunited so they can research their family tree.

Buy gift or redeem gift

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Deleting Replies / Deleting Threads

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Ice ~ Ice ~ Baby

Ice ~ Ice ~ Baby Report 5 Jun 2012 13:55

Hi Gr

can you please tell me if there is a technical fault on gr

As i have tried to delete my replies on a thread some of which are going back quite a while

Or i have tried to delete old threads of mine which are no longer any good

The replies have deleted - but i still have the threads in " My Threads "

Can you please look into this for me

Thank you

DazedConfused

DazedConfused Report 5 Jun 2012 14:05

This has been going on for some time.

As a person who regularly has a clear out of my contribution to threads I am fed up with 'My Threads' now showing loads of listings most of which I have nothing in as I have deleted my bits.

Very annoying :-| :-|

Ice ~ Ice ~ Baby

Ice ~ Ice ~ Baby Report 5 Jun 2012 14:44

Piglets Pal

Thank you for letting me know - as i wasn't sure if it was something i was doing wrong - or if it was a fault

so thanks

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 6 Jun 2012 17:13

Happened to me too claire

KenSE

KenSE Report 9 Jan 2014 10:56

Is this fault ever going to be fixed?

DazedConfused

DazedConfused Report 9 Jan 2014 11:33

GR will tell you that you have to upgrade to IE whatever or Windows whatever for this facility now to work......

That is what they told me back in 2012 when I sent them a question via the Help button.

It is a real pain, as I do not need to keep many of my replies, especially if I am just repeating the same info that has already been supplied...

KenSE

KenSE Report 9 Jan 2014 18:51

That may be what they told you DC but it doesn't seem very plausible, to me, for that sort of fault.

It is very annoying as My Threads tends to be dominated by updates for long running threads that I am no longer interested in.