Suggestions

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find & Surname searches.

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Ronald

Ronald Report 5 Jun 2012 20:44

Why cant we go back to the old way of searching.
When I used to put in my surname, I got posts relating to that name or any name I put in, but now I type in a surname & I get nothing to do with what I am searching for, which makes me feel like not bothering with Genes reunited any more, just a waste of time now. Does anyone else feel the same as me or am I doing something wrong?

Kense

Kense Report 6 Jun 2012 07:10

Have you read the blog about the new search facility?

http://www.genesreunited.co.uk/blog.page/phil-moir/archive/2012/5/29/technical-update-29th-may-2012

Porkie_Pie

Porkie_Pie Report 6 Jun 2012 20:03

The only way i can see to do a surname search is now under the search tree's then search all trees facility at the top of the page which will bring up members with that name in their tree

Roy

Cynthia

Cynthia Report 6 Jun 2012 21:32

Ronald, if you go to your Home Page you will see that GR are advising that there are xxxx discussions taking place with your name in them.

It's basically the old search system and brings up old and often useless threads.

The way suggested by PP is much more helpful and relevant.

Cx