Suggestions

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

The British Newspaper Archive

British Newspaper Archive

Read about historical events at the time they were happening. Perhaps you'll discover your ancestor in their local newspaper?

Start searching

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

attachments on PMs

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 14 Jun 2012 15:45

Has anyone had any trouble downloading attachments on PMs. I did it OK last week but today have several and none of them work.

KenSE

KenSE Report 14 Jun 2012 18:11

I tried to send an attachment last week but it didn't seem to accept it and the message did not get sent. As it wasn't particularly important and it was late I didn't investigate and report it at the time and then I forgot about it.

Edit:
Tried it again just now (20012/06/14 18:37) and it worked OK.

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 15 Jun 2012 16:03

Interesting Ken maybe a hiccup then.

JerryH

JerryH Report 17 Jun 2012 10:57

Seeems very hit and miss to me.

I have only sent one file by PM and that got through OK
However someone did try to send me an Excel file a few months back which failed. Had to resort to exchanging via normal email.

Have also seen other cases where attachments have failed.

I am wondering if this is part of a deeper problem that Genes do not wish to admit to........ May explain why they have abandoned the Boards ??????

Jeremy

Joy Kentish Maid

Joy Kentish Maid Report 17 Jun 2012 12:06

It didn't work some while ago when I sent an attachment.

Porkie_Pie

Porkie_Pie Report 17 Jun 2012 13:51

No matter what you are trying to do on GR their are errors that occur these errors differ but are just another sign of how GR has become a site that is no longer reliable,

I would strongly urge members to use their own software to back up their tree

attachments was a welcome addition to GR messages but if this becomes a problem just revert back to using your normal email as they don't have problems with attachments