Suggestions

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

hot matches

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Mary

Mary Report 11 Jul 2012 08:40

Why is it that some people contact web site to show they might have a match and you send them a message and do not reply it's very annoying as I have quite a few of these and on checking out there could be a connection.

Porkie_Pie

Porkie_Pie Report 11 Jul 2012 10:02

GR hot matches don't come from people? they are a feature of GR that use an automated system to generate these matches,

As for them being hot or matches? thats another story

messages not being answered come up every week their are many reasons why your messages go unanswered see the link below

http://www.genesreunited.co.uk/boards.page/board/genealogy_chat/thread/1297598

Roy

Mary

Mary Report 11 Jul 2012 13:56

thanks for that info,it seems that a few that I have are connected but will just have to wait and see.

Joyce

Joyce Report 12 Jul 2012 02:36

I have had good replies to most requests if we have a match.

However a few of the lists of matches DO NOT match and when I go further down to check on matches instead of possible matche names listed I find that there is a RANGE OF NAMES listed with no possible match.

When looking at your new feature LIST I found a match with EVANS FAMILY TREE and it started to make a list but with over 93 thousand names listed at the top it would seem that it would take days to copy the list so I stopped it and instead of going back to start where I could look at some of the names it just said that I had discarded that hot match and I cannot find it again. I am looking for EVANS - GLAZEBROOK - POOLE
names
Joyce Crete