Suggestions

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Old tree goes today

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Rambling

Rambling Report 19 Jul 2012 12:21

Maybe GR might have given a couple of days warning for those who don't like the new tree?

Porkie_Pie

Porkie_Pie Report 19 Jul 2012 13:26

Announced at 11.32am and gone by 13.23pm 2 hours notice Not very professional GR

Roy

Rambling

Rambling Report 19 Jul 2012 13:36

Just been to have a look, new tree which was ok before, now has removed the mother of my grandfather, but she is still there as his sibling's mother and wife of his father..... :-|

Estelle

Estelle Report 19 Jul 2012 13:52

Hi Rose, I'm sorry to hear there seems to be a problem with your tree. Please could you send the full details to our support team - [email protected]. They will be more than happy to take a look at your tree for you and do their best to help.
Kind regards,
Estelle

Rambling

Rambling Report 19 Jul 2012 13:57

Thankyou, I will do that Estelle, I hadn't had any problems with the 'old new tree' just this 'new new tree', but I only have a few people on there so it isn't much of a problem, hope the members with larger trees are not finding the same though.

Sally

Sally Report 19 Jul 2012 14:18

they say that they are listening to us NUO YOU AFE NOT

i have told you many times my screen reader does not work on the details where i type in info names dates etc i can not see what i have typed befori have to lisen

but you are NOT

sally w

Renes

Renes Report 19 Jul 2012 22:51

10 ----------- TEN --------------10----------------TEN times
Sorry...
Close

The tree is having trouble loading!

You can try refreshing this page.

Alternatively, feel free to cancel and try again

Will someone please tell me why I pay to use a genealogy site that

does not have a

T R E E _________________ that works

what total an utter crapiiosa ...............

I was reporting these errors the day after the very first version of the new tree was released

I GIVE UP ---------

I am GED com all my trees .................................

and have put auto renew 22 July to OFF

LadyScozz

LadyScozz Report 20 Jul 2012 05:52

I agree Renes. They're NOT listening!!

I have posted on at least three other boards, and sent emails to GR - I am NOT renewing my membership.

I wouldn't buy something in a shop that was broken, so why would I pay for GR's broken tree? I've had enough.

I'm NOT on the automatic renewal - it's due 22nd August (later than I first thought), but if GR even THINK about changing that (they've done it before) I will kick and scream!!

btw - I had to sign in this time, and I had NOT signed out. Site working as well as expected.

:-P :-P :-P :-P :-P :-P :-P :-P :-P :-P

Kense

Kense Report 20 Jul 2012 09:12

Seems strange that someone has seen fit to RR this thread even though Estelle has already replied to the OP.

Kense

Kense Report 20 Jul 2012 10:47

It has been restored now.

I don't want to see the old tree and the new one does list trees available to me.

Thelma

Thelma Report 20 Jul 2012 10:50

Here is a little tip:-
Hold down control on your keyboard and turn scroll wheel to zoom out.
At the top of tree page there is; "View other trees" which gives you"Tree dashboard" Again zoom out and you will see any additional pages.

Gai

Gai Report 20 Jul 2012 10:52

Wow, that's the fastest I think a post has been reinstated after being RR'd.

So to the person who RR'd in the first place :-P

Rambling

Rambling Report 20 Jul 2012 11:12

I didn't see it RR'd but to be fair, perhaps someone did so as a duplicate, which it isn't other than the subject line :-D

The one on Genealogy Chat was to alert members that it was in 'Announcements' as not everyone remembers to look there daily ( I don't) ...this one was to 'suggest' that GR might have given more notice of intent, which I think they could have and would have been considerate. :-D

Estelle

Estelle Report 20 Jul 2012 11:42

Hi Sally, we are going to look at ways to make the tree easier to access for those that use screen readers.

If any of you are having problems with the tree then please check our help pages where cover many of the general questions asked. If you'd prefer a personal response then please contact our support team - [email protected].

Kind regards,

Estelle

Sally

Sally Report 20 Jul 2012 13:50

hello estelle

you say you are hopeing but what does tha mean

tommorrow

next week

next mounth

next christmas

next year

some time in the next ten years

i might not live that long :-S

i have had a very wishy washy email from g r wich says nothing with a lot of words :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ sally w

Estelle

Estelle Report 20 Jul 2012 14:53

Hi Sally, I can't give you a definite dateright now. But I will speak to the tree team and once I have more news I will let you know. I'll be in touch very soon.

Kind regards,

Estelle

Malcolm

Malcolm Report 20 Jul 2012 19:28

The new tree is horrible and the photo function is appalling!! Why do the photos no longer appear with the record? And when you do locate them (more mouse clicks, thanks GR) they are absolutely tiny and hardly worth seeing. I used to show off my tree to other people but the photos are ridiculous now. Thanks GR for taking my money and then making my tree unusable.......... :-(

Kense

Kense Report 20 Jul 2012 19:43

Mallcolm, GR took your money for thefacility to send messages and post on the board. They didn't take money for the tree, that is available to free members.