Suggestions

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Reported for abuse

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Janet 693215

Janet 693215 Report 6 Aug 2012 22:56

Would it not make sense to include the particular posting that has caused offence when e-mailing a paying member threatening to ban them for abuse?

Apparently after 8 years (could be 9years of membership. I didn't auto renew in the beginning) I have received the following;
Dear Janet

You recently added a message board response using your Genes Reunited membership.

It has been brought to our attention that the nature of this posting breaches the Message Board guidelines and terms and conditions of our website and the item has now been removed from Genes Reunited.

Continuing to create content of this nature may result in your eventual removal from the site.

We thank you in anticipation of your co-operation and adherence to the terms of your Genes Reunited membership.

Kind Regards,

Genes Reunited Support Team

Now if I have genuinely made a mistake or not followed the T & C I need to know how so I don't make the same mistake. However, if someone has reported me in error or otherwise, I need to know what I am supposed to have done.
So, GR over to you.

jax

jax Report 6 Aug 2012 23:32

I thought they did now tell you what you had said ??

See Sylvia's post on the 1st Aug

http://www.genesreunited.co.uk/boards/board/suggestions/thread/1305808

Joy

Joy Report 7 Aug 2012 09:03

Ah, that inconsistency again.

Janet 693215

Janet 693215 Report 7 Aug 2012 18:11

Well, I'm astounded! GR have replied to my query which I'll post here

Could you please explain what, exactly I have been reported for? I would like you to point out exactly which post I have inadvertantly posted which hasd not met your terms and conditions? I would like you to repeat verbatim the post concerned.

And GR's response

Dear Janet

Thank you for taking the time to write into us.

I can see this posting has been removed in error. We do apologise.

Would you mind re-posting this back on to the boards. Again I do apologise for any inconvenience caused.

Kind Regards,

Alex Brett
Genes Reunited Support Team

Fantastic! I would LOVE to repost, if only I had the foggiest idea of what they'd deleted

:-D :-D :-D

jax

jax Report 7 Aug 2012 18:22

:-D :-D :-D

Just goes to show that they also do not read the emails they recieve