Suggestions

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Gift subscriptions

Genes Reunited gift subscription

Do you know someone interested in discovering their family history?

You can now buy a gift subscription to Genes Reunited so they can research their family tree.

Buy gift or redeem gift

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Very poor site

Page 1 + 1 of 2

1. «
  2. 1
  3. 2
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 15 Aug 2012 01:30

By "down" do you mean that the tree is not working properly for you?

Like Rollo and GB, I have had no problem accessing the site, and working on the Boards ....... and have also found it much faster.

I have seen no other complaints about the site being down, even from people who have been having problems upgrading their tree.

It has been found by many people that using Google Chrome as your browser may result in better functioning of the tree.

Like GB, I also would not have paid over £100 for the premier membership on here.

You can build your tree for free on here

or pay approximately £20 per year to build your tree, participate on these baords, and send pms to possible contacts.

Records are much better from other sites ...... some of them even free!

sylvia

RolloTheRed

RolloTheRed Report 14 Aug 2012 21:07

I have used the site most days since 21 July 2012 ( currently looking after very poorly OH and not much else to do ) and it has not been down. Another well known site had a recent flaky day but I am not allowed to say anything about that.
Back in Q1 this year it sure had some problems but being "down" and ultra slow but none of this is a problem and in general the site is more than quick enough for purpose.

Sure there have been some issues with the current makeover which may or may not be to everyone's liking but most of the time most of it works. I have not been exactly one of the makeover cheerleaders but to be fair the site is faster, more stable and a better product than a year ago even if the way they got here was like a journey with the ice road truckers. Sure it is a heck of a way from perfect but it is up and does work.

Why do you say it has been "down" for 3 weeks ? In what respect ? Among all the bricks thrown in the last month the site being "down" was rarely mentioned, if at all.

I have tried it on a variety of browsers (*), OS, computers of very little oomph and connections of very little speed. All ok except for USB over the air modems and one ISP who cannot be named.

(*) IE8 /9/ 10,. FFox 14.01, FF Nightly, Safari, Opera, Chrome, Dolphin, PaleMoon

GlitterBaby

GlitterBaby Report 14 Aug 2012 21:00

Whether the site is working properly or not I would not have paid over £100 for membership of this site.

Other sites offer better records for a similar price.

James

James Report 14 Aug 2012 20:38

Hi Guys - thought you might like to see the message my wife has just sent to the site. - wonder if it will do any good?

To

Support
Subject

This Site Does Not Work!!!!!!
Query

Dear Sirs,
This account is in my husband's name but this is a joint venture. My husband had been very patient with you BUT NOW YOU GOT ME! We took out the Premium membership in 21st July 2012 at a cost of £109.85. So far we have been able to use the full site for a measly 6 DAYS!! For the last 18 days we have been fobbed off with excuses and platitudes of 'please be patient, we are fixing it' Would you have accepted our plea of 'we are fixing it - please be patient' if our payment had not gone through?? This product we have been sold is not fit for purpose and is a disgrace. READ YOUR FORUM - it is not our computer, IT IS YOUR SITE. Why have you spent time and resourses tarting up the colour, which by the way is horrible, when there are serious issues here which means we cannot use the site? I am so angry, disappointed, and sick and tired of not being able to use what we have paid for, and at your inability to fix what is broken that I will be informing everyone I know to use another site for their family tree building, and lets face it there are plenty around, which are run by competent staff who actually know what they are doing and can keep the thing running! Are we going to get any allowance for the time this site has been down, or are you just another load of cowboys whose motto is stick the suckers, take the mone and run???? FIX THE DAMN THING! Yvonne McLoughlin