Suggestions

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

New Scottish Census

New Scottish census records

Do you have Scottish ancestors?

Perhaps you do and you just didn't know! Search our brand new Scottish census records today and discover if you have Scottish roots.

Search Scottish Census

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Very poor site

Page 1 + 1 of 2

1. «
  2. 1
  3. 2
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

RolloTheRed

RolloTheRed Report 20 Aug 2012 20:51

I had this problem a couple of times - I have about 3 000 records on my Gru tree. This is what I did:
Closed all gru sessions.
Flushed Firefox cache.
Opened tree.
Navigated to a different part of the tree using the links.
Hit full tree.
And it worked again albeit with a lot of scrolling which never seemed to be such an issue with the old tree view.
It is said that Gru has issues with IE8/9 (though I have never found any) so try Firefox / Chrome / Opera.

wisechild

wisechild Report 21 Aug 2012 07:29

Hi Unknown.
Sorry, you misunderstood what I was asking. My fault, I didn´t make it clear.
What I meant was, how can GR refuse a refund because you have accessed the site.
If you hadn´t accessed it, you wouldn´t know it wasn´t working would you?
If you buy a new washing machine, you don´t know whether it works or not until you have tried it.

James

James Report 22 Aug 2012 20:50

Hi Roy - when we click on full tree all we are getting is immediate family consisting of 6 persons. We have over 100 persons in full tree. During our first 6 days when we clicked on this we got the full tree. Then we couldn't get the full tree but we could get ancestors and decendants. Now we only get immediate no matter which button we click on. We have emailed GR over and over and over - see the original post of 14th August (that was about the 5th email we had sent them). We sent this to GR and copied it here. It is not just us who are having problems either. All we get back from GR is 'we know there is a problem, we are trying to fix it, pleae be patient' But honestly would anyone be happy if you paid out what we have for this site and only get to use the full facilites for 6 days, this is now 5 weeks we have not been able to see the full tree and it only went chips when GR launched their new look site - sorry but I need to add an 'h' into the word s ite, because that's what it is now.

Porkie_Pie

Porkie_Pie Report 22 Aug 2012 22:11

James, Did you visit the thread that i posted for you to look at on page one of this thread 15 Aug 2012 23:51?

I suggested several ways for Richard that could help members with some problems viewing the site one of which was clearing your cache and giving the reason why clearing your cache is required,

If you did not read that post then may be it could help you but if you did and if you tried the solutions i suggested then I can only suggest that you continue to inundate GR with your problem but If the problem is your cache the GR will not be able to do that for you

http://www.genesreunited.co.uk/boards/board/general_chat/thread/1308300

How you clearing your cache will depend on what browser your using

see http://kb.iu.edu/data/ahic.html

Good luck

Roy