Suggestions

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Gift subscriptions

Genes Reunited gift subscription

Do you know someone interested in discovering their family history?

You can now buy a gift subscription to Genes Reunited so they can research their family tree.

Buy gift or redeem gift

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

returning to previous pages

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

John

John Report 22 Aug 2012 21:12

Why doesn't Genes have a simple arrow feature enebling a searcher to return to the previous page. For example, when i am looking at Hot Matches and choose to view a hot match, it would be nice to be able to get straight back to the Hot match list when I've finished looking at that match. Instead i have to go back to the Hot Matches heading choose My Hot Matches and then select again the page I was on. It's got to be simpler than this!!

John Eastmond :-(

Margee

Margee Report 22 Aug 2012 22:16

Don't you have a return click on your mouse?

Porkie_Pie

Porkie_Pie Report 22 Aug 2012 22:19

or a back button on your browser?

Roy

John

John Report 24 Aug 2012 20:39

Thanks everyone. The problem seems to be that some ofthe pages on Genes requiring a "SAVE" are right at the bottom of my screen and the only way I can get to them is by deleting some of the toolbars including the browser back button.

John

Porkie_Pie

Porkie_Pie Report 24 Aug 2012 21:00

John, Try using changing the zoom level on your browser,

Hold down the Ctrl key then press the + or - key (plus or minus) you will need to zoom out ( minus ) to see the whole page

Roy

Thelma

Thelma Report 25 Aug 2012 14:10

John
On my puter F11 gives full screen.Press again to revert.
Ps
the four arrows box under "Search Trees" is supposed to do the same but dont.

Porkie_Pie

Porkie_Pie Report 25 Aug 2012 14:50

Thelma, F11 is another option but it does not work on some PC's

If you it doesn't work you may have a Fn key? Fn is short for function, try holding down the Fn key and then press F11

Roy