Suggestions

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

New Scottish Census

New Scottish census records

Do you have Scottish ancestors?

Perhaps you do and you just didn't know! Search our brand new Scottish census records today and discover if you have Scottish roots.

Search Scottish Census

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Suggestions: GENERAL

Page 0 + 1 of 10

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. 6
  7. 7
  8. 8
  9. 9
  10. 10
  11. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Russell

Russell Report 14 Nov 2013 13:28

Please start treating members properly and answer complaints in a quicker time frame :-(

KenSE

KenSE Report 12 Nov 2013 19:02

I was beginning to wonder if Shelley was the only one around, but pleased to see that Estelle and Phil are as well. :-)

Joy Kentish Maid

Joy Kentish Maid Report 12 Nov 2013 08:48

Very true, Ken.

Estelle has not been Customer Service and Product Assistant for a while.

I think a while ago I suggested that The Team information be updated but the suggestion was not taken up. It is interesting to read about The Team.

KenSE

KenSE Report 9 Nov 2013 16:26

As Natasha has moved on we know that the Meet the Team page
http://www.genesreunited.co.uk/static/meettheteam
is out of date.

Could this be updated please.

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 16 Oct 2013 15:39

It seems there has been a re-jigging of the 'help' part of the site where we used to easily find 'contact us' and how to contact support. People are finding it hard to contact support (I am sure this is unintentional :-D)

Going to help and looking on the left of the page we have as part of a list of instructions the following:

"There are many ways of contacting Genes Reunited, please select one from the list below.
Need help using the site?

Read our most Frequently Asked Questions about how to discover your family history here.

If you can't find the answer in our Frequently Asked Questions, you can contact our Support Team."

On other suggestions there is a 'click here' in turquoise which gives access to how to do it. Should there not be a 'click here' following 'you can contact our support team' with a link?

Chris in Sussex

Chris in Sussex Report 29 Sep 2013 20:22

Thread....

http://www.genesreunited.co.uk/boards/board/tips_board/thread/1312223?page=3

Postings 27 September re members offering lookups and then asking for payment for further information.

Can something be added to the information for new posters that any such request should be reported as being against T&Cs.

Chris

lesgeo

lesgeo Report 10 Sep 2013 12:44

The change in format means that it is more difficult to trace relatives and check through marriage birth and death that your informtion is valid and correct. The new format is not so useful as the previous format and unlikely to use the new one

Roger

Roger Report 9 Sep 2013 22:49

And Genes will wonder why I am not renewing my sub when it is due shortly.

As they seem to have all sorts of suggest this to us Threads which we do - but the trial seems to go cold at they end.

Do they ever look at these threads.

I don't think so.

JemimaFawr

JemimaFawr Report 8 Sep 2013 13:27

MISSING NEXT BUTTON
What happened to the "NEXT" Census button??? :-S :-|

If the family that you are researching is listed on the end of the Census and then on the next Census page, you will need to know names on both to access it.

EG I f you were looking for your Grandfather and wanted to find out who his parents were- If he is on the top of the page but the rest are on the previous page, you will not be able to access it.

Simon

Simon Report 18 Jul 2013 14:56

Natasha,

Might it not have been helpful to 'announce' your new thread 1324153 when you first opened it on 2 May? Isn't that what the 'Announcements' board is all about?? I, like PeeEmm, knew nothing about it until I happened across your post above.

I see that one of the issues you have looked at is that of Upper Case for direct ancestors and that you asked for comments to be made on the thread 1321511. Having looked at that thread, I see no comments since 6 May. Is there actually any proposal by GR to give us back the important option of using Upper Case any time soon?

Simon

John

John Report 16 Jul 2013 17:29

I frequently get notifications of matches with other trees which turn out to have been flagged at other times in the past. They are seldom new matches. Can anything be done about this?http://www.genesreunited.co.uk/boards/board/suggestions/thread/1308919#

Community

Community Advisor Report 16 Jul 2013 16:12

Hi PeeEmm,
In case you haven't noticed, we answer the latest suggestions in a suggestion round-up which can be found here: http://www.genesreunited.co.uk/boards/board/suggestions/thread/1324153

PeeEmm

PeeEmm Report 1 Jul 2013 16:32

I would suggest that Genes have a look at what people are saying............................. in various places....... what do you think? have you had problems?

PeeEmm ;-)

Patricia

Patricia Report 30 Jun 2013 13:35

Not sure if such a function exists and I'm just missing it as I don't frequent the site a lot, but I think it would be helpful to have an A-Z search by surname facility where we could look up all threa relating to the particular surname which is of interest?

Susan

Susan Report 23 Jun 2013 07:55

Hi Natasha

I have asked this before from Estelle Months ago ...she said she would pass it on but can we please have the save button on the tree page put to the top of the page .

I use XP IE8 I have to put Compatibility on for the boards and off for my tree in order to see the save button at the bottom of the page ,this is very annoying .
Also very hard to see numbers for other persons trees to search.

Susan
Edit
I am not changing my Browser,I should not have to.
I am also still getting the Error page on a regular basis.

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 19 Jun 2013 01:13

just tried THREE times before I could get into My Threads

frustrating!

Joy Kentish Maid

Joy Kentish Maid Report 18 Jun 2013 12:57

http://www.genesreunited.co.za/boards/delete?pk=8530602

:-|

Error messages
http://www.genesreunited.co.za/boards/board/suggestions/thread/1283730?d=desc

Joy Kentish Maid

Joy Kentish Maid Report 5 Jun 2013 20:38

I would suggest that posts can only be edited within a short time of having been posted, ie perhaps ten minutes.

Sometimes, after responses are added, the original post is changed which can make responses look irrelevant.

http://www.genesreunited.co.za/boards/board/suggestions/thread/1273123

Complementing my suggestion:

http://www.genesreunited.co.za/boards/board/suggestions/thread/1269989
Quoting another poster's comments

Please enable a poster to quote another poster's comments.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If my suggestion about editing posts was received favourably, then one could quote one's own posts, too.

JustJohn

JustJohn Report 23 May 2013 21:36

IGP. I hate to take issue. But aren't we supposed to be suggesting and Genes summarising and guiding our suggestions :-S

InspectorGreenPen

InspectorGreenPen Report 23 May 2013 17:30

We appear to have two different discussions going on here.

1. Locking reported threads.

The issue I see developing is trying to come up with a 'One Size Fits All' solution, which rarely works.

2. Smut and Innuendo

Regardless of what 12, 13, 14, 15 or 16 year olds might or might not text each other or put on Facebook or anywhere else for that matter, this site is not the place to post xxx material.