Suggestions

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

New Military Records

New military records

Was your ancestor a war hero?

View thousands of brand new military records, including Chelsea Pensioner records, Military Nurses, Prisoners of war and much more.

View military records today

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Suggestions: GENERAL

Page 0 + 1 of 11

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. 6
  7. 7
  8. 8
  9. 9
  10. 10
  11. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 6 Aug 2014 17:31

thanks AG

now we know ..................................

our suggestions obviously don't go down well :-)

KenSE

KenSE Report 6 Aug 2014 15:12

Thank you for that ArgyllGran.

Pity they didn't think to tell us.

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 6 Aug 2014 15:04

I emailed GR to ask about the suggestions round-ups,and have received the following reply:

RE: Suggestions round-up
We have suspended that for the time being but do hope to introduce something similar in the future.
With kind regards,
Alex Brett
Genes Reunited Support Team

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 3 Aug 2014 22:56

Ha! ha!

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 3 Aug 2014 19:36

it's summer holiday time :-)

and the staff not on holiday are probably trying to fix the system :-)

ever the optimist :-D

Graham

Graham Report 3 Aug 2014 10:49

I was wondering about that too :-S

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 2 Aug 2014 22:31

Is no-one from GR reading this any more? What's happened to the round-ups of suggestions?

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 27 Jun 2014 13:33

The last "Suggestions Board Roundup", which is supposed to be every other week, was on 27th May.

Isn't it time for another one?

KenSE

KenSE Report 30 May 2014 19:34

Yes that is a really good suggestion ArgyllGran, especially if that is made the default.

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 30 May 2014 12:45

Suggestion re "Advanced Search":

It's annoying to have to search each Forum individually for a particular phrase.
Please can we have an additional search option of "All forums"?

Russell

Russell Report 14 Nov 2013 13:28

Please start treating members properly and answer complaints in a quicker time frame :-(

KenSE

KenSE Report 12 Nov 2013 19:02

I was beginning to wonder if Shelley was the only one around, but pleased to see that Estelle and Phil are as well. :-)

Joy Kentish Maid

Joy Kentish Maid Report 12 Nov 2013 08:48

Very true, Ken.

Estelle has not been Customer Service and Product Assistant for a while.

I think a while ago I suggested that The Team information be updated but the suggestion was not taken up. It is interesting to read about The Team.

KenSE

KenSE Report 9 Nov 2013 16:26

As Natasha has moved on we know that the Meet the Team page
http://www.genesreunited.co.uk/static/meettheteam
is out of date.

Could this be updated please.

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 16 Oct 2013 15:39

It seems there has been a re-jigging of the 'help' part of the site where we used to easily find 'contact us' and how to contact support. People are finding it hard to contact support (I am sure this is unintentional :-D)

Going to help and looking on the left of the page we have as part of a list of instructions the following:

"There are many ways of contacting Genes Reunited, please select one from the list below.
Need help using the site?

Read our most Frequently Asked Questions about how to discover your family history here.

If you can't find the answer in our Frequently Asked Questions, you can contact our Support Team."

On other suggestions there is a 'click here' in turquoise which gives access to how to do it. Should there not be a 'click here' following 'you can contact our support team' with a link?

Chris in Sussex

Chris in Sussex Report 29 Sep 2013 20:22

Thread....

http://www.genesreunited.co.uk/boards/board/tips_board/thread/1312223?page=3

Postings 27 September re members offering lookups and then asking for payment for further information.

Can something be added to the information for new posters that any such request should be reported as being against T&Cs.

Chris

lesgeo

lesgeo Report 10 Sep 2013 12:44

The change in format means that it is more difficult to trace relatives and check through marriage birth and death that your informtion is valid and correct. The new format is not so useful as the previous format and unlikely to use the new one

Roger

Roger Report 9 Sep 2013 22:49

And Genes will wonder why I am not renewing my sub when it is due shortly.

As they seem to have all sorts of suggest this to us Threads which we do - but the trial seems to go cold at they end.

Do they ever look at these threads.

I don't think so.

JemimaFawr

JemimaFawr Report 8 Sep 2013 13:27

MISSING NEXT BUTTON
What happened to the "NEXT" Census button??? :-S :-|

If the family that you are researching is listed on the end of the Census and then on the next Census page, you will need to know names on both to access it.

EG I f you were looking for your Grandfather and wanted to find out who his parents were- If he is on the top of the page but the rest are on the previous page, you will not be able to access it.

Simon

Simon Report 18 Jul 2013 14:56

Natasha,

Might it not have been helpful to 'announce' your new thread 1324153 when you first opened it on 2 May? Isn't that what the 'Announcements' board is all about?? I, like PeeEmm, knew nothing about it until I happened across your post above.

I see that one of the issues you have looked at is that of Upper Case for direct ancestors and that you asked for comments to be made on the thread 1321511. Having looked at that thread, I see no comments since 6 May. Is there actually any proposal by GR to give us back the important option of using Upper Case any time soon?

Simon