Suggestions

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

New Scottish Census

New Scottish census records

Do you have Scottish ancestors?

Perhaps you do and you just didn't know! Search our brand new Scottish census records today and discover if you have Scottish roots.

Search Scottish Census

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Opening Family Tree.

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Shirley

Shirley Report 8 Sep 2012 20:01

Thanks Thelma - Problem solved.

Regards
Shirley D. :-)

Thelma

Thelma Report 7 Sep 2012 22:41

Hi Shirley
Have you tried this;

How do I change my root person/tree owner? NEW
If your tree opens up with an incorrect root relation/tree owner, you can alter this yourself.

· Open your family tree by clicking 'Family Tree' then 'My Tree'.

· At the very top of the page, click 'View Other Trees'.

· You'll see your tree listed at the top of the list, and a button to the far right which says 'Change Root'.

· You can then start typing the name of your new root relation and the tree builder will bring up a list of potential relatives.

· Remember to save your new tree owner.

Shirley

Shirley Report 7 Sep 2012 20:26

When I open my Family Tree it is showing my cousin and family. Can you rectify the problem please. :-(