Suggestions

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Now the holidays are over

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

RolloTheRed

RolloTheRed Report 17 Sep 2012 14:59

So what better time than the end of the summer season to fix all those bugs and exciting additions that have lain dormant all these summer days ... MyTree threads that won't delete, tiny weeny photos hidden away in the edit menu, place name lists with little correspondence to UK pre 1970, cousin marriages, a choice of color schemes without hiring a web developer or an opthalmic surgeon, half finished printing function ... Don't let the lack of all this as yet put you off subscribing to the Platinum collection, the team is dedicated to a quality product. So much so that you can send them all your photos for the latest competition and they will display the advanced technology which shrinks them to pin head sizing. Enjoy.

:-D

This message is likely to self destruct.

Porkie_Pie

Porkie_Pie Report 17 Sep 2012 16:15

:-D

Roy

Kense

Kense Report 17 Sep 2012 16:44

Dont forget searching problems :-(

EDIT at 21:17. details added for Genes benefit.

What I have experienced is that searching for a named person in a tree often fails.

What seems to happen is:

If I just use just the surname it always finds the people with that surname,

The longer the name the more likely it is to find that person.

If it doesn't find the person more or less instantly then it doesn't find them but takes several seconds before it admits failure.

Sometimes it will fail to find that person but will find them next time I try.