Suggestions

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Genes Extras

Genes Reunited subscription bonuses

As a way of saying thank you to our subscribers, we have launched Genes Extras. You'll find exclusive competitions and discounts on family history magazines, days out and much more.

Take me to Genes Extras

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

New Site

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Valerie

Valerie Report 19 Sep 2012 19:09

I have batt;ed for over an hour to get details from my tree to look up something for a member, the new format as far as I am concerned has totally gone backwards. I hbave now just given up. I could only get one page of my tree and it wouldn't search. As far as I am concerned it is now not worth the effort.

Susan

Susan Report 20 Sep 2012 05:51

I totally agree with you Valerie.
I spent hours yesterday trying to change a Year of Birth on one of my entries .

I could see where to edit but could not find the save button .

After checking with other members I found it at the bottom of the page but had to go to 75% for it to show up.

It is hopeless and so slow to do anything........but still no word from Genes.

I don't think they are reading anything we post and have no intentions of changing a thing.
sue :-(

Glenys

Glenys Report 20 Sep 2012 19:19

I agree! No one seems to be listening to the views of the majority of members.

Fay

Fay Report 24 Sep 2012 13:34

I have to say I hate the new system and much preferred my 'old' tree. I have tried editing family members but cannot see any way of saving the details. I feel like it is to much of an effort for something that is supposed to be fun! :-|

Susan

Susan Report 24 Sep 2012 14:01

Hi Fay

I had the same trouble .

When you are in your tree turn your Zoom leval down to 75%. (bottom right hand corner of your screen)

You will see the save button at the bottom of the page

I hope it helps.

Sue

Fay

Fay Report 24 Sep 2012 14:34

Thanks for that Sue,

I will give it a go next time I go to my tree,

Fay

PS: Just had a look and found the save button :-D very pleased as was thinking about starting a tree elsewhere - but so much time and effort involved in that :-S

Valerie

Valerie Report 5 Feb 2014 00:01

Please Delete this New Site.

Regards Valerie. 4 /2/2014.

jax

jax Report 5 Feb 2014 00:49

What new site?

Old thread I know :-S

KenSE

KenSE Report 5 Feb 2014 08:34

I wonder how long it will be before we get the new tree?

I expect we will get the same moans when it appears even though it will offer multiple trees.

LadyScozz

LadyScozz Report 5 Feb 2014 10:38

multiple trees?

I get confused with the one, I don't need more!

btw, I also have a tree on software, thousands more names than are on my GR tree, and it doesn't confuse me at all! Very easy to use.

Community Manager

Community Manager Advisor Report 7 Feb 2014 17:36

Hi Valerie,

The site hasn't changed recently. However, we are working on a new tree. If you have comments/suggestions regarding the tree, could I ask you to add them to the tree thread? All comments are taken on board for development.

Regards

Shelley