Suggestions

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

No views 4u

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

RolloTheRed

RolloTheRed Report 15 Oct 2012 11:28

For the past few days I have been unable to view my tree or any shared tree using the "Full" "Ancestors" or "Descendents" options unless the tree is very small, < 100 people. I can navigate the tree in the usual manner, just no F/A/D Views.

I have this problem with IE, Firefox 16.1, Opera 12.2 and Chrome on all of Windows, Linux & Android. I have been a member for 5 years and this is the first time I have been unable to use the tree views.

GRU Support say "Please be patient while we investigate ..."

Does anybody else have this problem ?

I am fairly sure this started at the same time as "KeepSafe" was added. AFAICS KeepSafe is just a link into the FriendsReunitedmk2 image store - it works in much the same way.

Danetree

Danetree Report 15 Oct 2012 17:00

This problem seemed to manifest itself on the release day of " Keepsafe",but this may be coincidence. Sent message to support a week ago,without reply. Just about to jog their memory.
Like yourself the fault occurs on all search engines.
Funny thing is,when searching other peoples trees it tends to work more often than not.

Thelma

Thelma Report 15 Oct 2012 18:49

When I first go to "LIST" I only get 8 names instead of 2982?

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 16 Oct 2012 10:16

Sometimes The List works, sometimes it doesn't!

In my case, sometimes I get a 'script not running' or something similar, but this may be a fault at my end. If I chose the 'keep trying' button, the List normally appears

Wasn't the List originally accessed from the 'Relatives' tag, or was that my imagination?

In answer to Rollo's question - I'm having no problem using the "Full" "Ancestors" or "Descendents" options, and that's running Firefox

Kense

Kense Report 16 Oct 2012 11:17

I had the list problem this morning, it displayed just the root immediate family names for several seconds before the rest appeared. Once the full tree is downloaded it works OK every time.

Looking at other trees there is a definite problem with large trees.

RolloTheRed

RolloTheRed Report 16 Oct 2012 13:31

Update: I can now access trees up to about 3200 people, which does not include my own (sob) ... Compared to the old tree "not fit for purpose according to IGP" (really ?) it is as slow as treacle - and this is on a fast Virgin fibre connection and a quick PC.

No response yet from Support except to thank me for my patience ( ? ) while the "technical team" are "investigating. Whether the improvement from 100 people to 3200 is due to the investigations or not I have no idea as GRU keep stum as always.

In any case for yt GRU remains broken 'cos I cannot view my tree, only climb it - (resists comment that would inevitably be referred).

grrr

:-|

RolloTheRed

RolloTheRed Report 17 Oct 2012 08:30

Here are some suggestions which would be truly exciting

* MAKE THE BASIC FUNCTIONALITY WORK NO IFS BUTS OR WHENS *

(2) CONFORM TO THE CURRENT GEDCOM STANDARD NO MORE NO LESS -

e.g.: Allow upper case names, stop imposing EU date format ...

FWIW "KeepSafe" is just FriendsUnited makeover by another name.