Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

  • The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

New Scottish Census

New Scottish census records

Do you have Scottish ancestors?

Perhaps you do and you just didn't know! Search our brand new Scottish census records today and discover if you have Scottish roots.

Search Scottish Census


  • New posts
  • No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Help with changing son to different mother

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date


Sue Report 21 Oct 2012 18:20

Yes, thanks everyone that has done the trick. You are stars. :-D



Sue Report 21 Oct 2012 17:57

Thanks Thelma.
Sorry havent had time today. Am going to have a look this evening. and will post back to let people know.

Sue :-)


Thelma Report 21 Oct 2012 12:01

I have just done it.
For some stupid reason when you type in the parent you want to change to there is a full list of names or name not found.
1/ Write down the details of new mother, Eg Emma Baker 1854
2/ Click on the child
3/ Click on change against the wrong parent
4/ Start typing
5/ Once you can find in the drop down,click save.
Job done.


Sue Report 21 Oct 2012 11:43


Thank you again. Will try, a bit later on, and come back later.



Lynski Report 20 Oct 2012 23:07

I think you have to click on the save for the parent and then the save button at the bottom as well???


Sue Report 20 Oct 2012 22:48

Thanks Lynski, will try it again. I did try it, but it wouldnt save it.

Sue :-)


Lynski Report 20 Oct 2012 22:46

Yes, I think you can.

Open the panel on the right hand side and scroll down to Relationships - there are options to change Father and Mother details.

Try that....hope it works?

Start typing the name of the correct parent and you get a scroll down list to choose from.


Sue Report 20 Oct 2012 22:20

Wonder if anyone can assist me.
I have an ancestor who married twice, currently i have his son, and his wife and children etc., listed under the first wife. I need to transfer all of this info. to come under the second wife.
Is it possible without deleting everything.?


Thanks in advance !! :-)