Suggestions

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Electoral Rolls

Looking for living relatives?

Search our UK Electoral Rolls (2002-2013) and find your living relatives today.

Search Electoral Rolls

New electoral roll records

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Posts reported. Updated: moderation needed

Page 1 + 1 of 3

1. «
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Estelle

Estelle Advisor Report 10 Dec 2012 11:46

Hi Sylvia,

I am sorry if your posts have not been looked at over a weekend. That should not happen at all and I will raise this with the customer service manager.

Over the last week the team have been given further training on request reviews and abuse emails. We are keen to ensure that our replies and actions are consistent.

Kind regards,

Estelle

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 10 Dec 2012 16:54

Estelle

Thank you very much for your help.

Consistency will be a huge improvement!!

I will be off the boards for the next 3 weeks or so ............... but look forward to the improvements on my return

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to you all.

sylvia

Joy Kentish Maid

Joy Kentish Maid Report 11 Dec 2012 08:34

Thank you, Estelle. This has been an ongoing matter for a long time.

KenSE

KenSE Report 16 Dec 2012 16:35

There has been a lot of reporting of posts and threads today, and in spite of the assurance that the team works 7 days a week, there is no evidence of that so far.

TheBlackKnight

TheBlackKnight Report 17 Dec 2012 00:43

Lots of postings have been RRd over the weekend & still remain as RRd, so the promise of this never happening again means nothing.

The promise of a seven day a week service is clearly not happening so means nothing.

Some members still get notified while others don’t so the promise of that not happening again means nothing.

Consistency will be a huge improvement!! Well here we are just one week on from that being said & things don't look very good on that one either.

All this & more has been going on for far too long now. Many members have come up with some very good ideas how things can be made better but are ignored. When will GR actually help its paying members & stop the RRing, bullying & abuse that goes on, on a regular basis on GR? The only reason GR’s membership is so high is because a lot of members have 3 & in some cases more accounts to use, some use them just to cause trouble. GR know who they are as they have all the details needed, even if they make that info up GR can just look at the IP address.

The site needs a new moderating team 24 hours a day 7 days a week. Paying members have asked for this for years now so how about it?

Joy Kentish Maid

Joy Kentish Maid Report 17 Dec 2012 15:16

Unfortunately, Estelle, several reports were not reviewed over the weekend.

supercrutch

supercrutch Report 17 Dec 2012 16:16

Mine were reinstated this morning, I also received an apology from Estelle and the RR team for which I thanked them.

Leaving empty RRd posts, especially OPs stops chat dead in it's tracks on that topic and, of course, we then tend to post an awful lot about malicious reporting.

By the time the OPs are reinstated the moment has passed for that topic and will stop a few from posting again.

Please GR do listen to your members and propose a solution that is workable, acceptable and favours the many genuine members.

Gins

Gins Report 18 Dec 2012 11:14

I saw a lot of the RR posts over the weekend, have no idea who reported them and for what reason!

A suggestion might be to remove the 'facility' to RR for none paying members of GR

Can anyone clarify: Can anyone RR a post, I mean, even if they are not a 'free member' of GR?

Oh gawed, I hope that makes sense!

:-S

Estelle

Estelle Advisor Report 18 Dec 2012 13:01

Hi Gins,

yes, anyone can report a post.

We are aware that there was quite alot of reporting done over the weekend and we are sorry for any upset it has caused. Upon full investigation we have now removed the person who was doing all the reporting and ensured that they will not be doing it again.

Kind regards,

Estelle

Gins

Gins Report 18 Dec 2012 14:18

Hi Estelle

Well, that is good news, the person was obviously just causing deliberate upset.

Thank you

jax

jax Report 18 Dec 2012 15:21

Estelle

I just signed out and tried to report one of my own posts as a test....it then asked me to sign in, this is ok for paying members, because if they are paying they are not going to report maliciously and risk a ban.

It has been asked before...can you stop free members from being able to report? If they are unhappy with a post they could then contact you direct through the "contact us" system

Joy Kentish Maid

Joy Kentish Maid Report 18 Dec 2012 21:10

Presumably, Estelle, more than one person has been / is doing the reporting as it is still ongoing.

I do not understand why Genes Reunited / Bright Solid will not accept that effective moderation of the boards is a necessity; as I have said before, it works in other sites, such as digital spy.

Gins

Gins Report 18 Dec 2012 22:06

Thinking on....people who leave or are banned from GR. The tech, seems to take a while to 'talk' to each other

i.e.: When a well known member was banned, recently...I could still PM her. But a member who left a year ago + ....gone!

Maybe there should be better systems in place....Estelle?

Thanks

InspectorGreenPen

InspectorGreenPen Report 19 Dec 2012 10:23

There are two levels of banning, as far as I can ascertain, depending how many previous warnings the member might have had and / or how serious their mis-behaviour is deemed to be:-

1. A member is banned from posting on the boards. This could be for a fixed period, say, a week, a month, or indefinitely. The can however still continue to enjoy the other facilities of the site.

2. A member is banned from the site altogether, in which case their membership is removed from the site completely.

GlitterBaby

GlitterBaby Report 19 Dec 2012 23:57

Oh dear IGP

If a member decides to delete their account then their membership is removed completely from this site.

If a member is banned from the site then their postings remain but obviously can not gain access to site and no longer get messages through the site.

InspectorGreenPen

InspectorGreenPen Report 20 Dec 2012 07:03

Sorry if I didn't make it clear.

If a member is banned altogether by GR then the effect is the same as if they had deleted themselves from the site. Yes, any board postings they may have made are still there for others to see but their account and tree is gone.

However, GR can also choose to just ban them from posting on the boards - this used to happen fairly regularly in the past and was often for a fixed period. In this case they can still log in, pm other members, update their tree etc, but not post on the board whilst the ban remains in place.

GlitterBaby

GlitterBaby Report 20 Dec 2012 12:15

No. I have been asking Support Team about if a member deletes their account what happens.

Part of a message from Support Team received 19th December 2012

When you remove your account from the site, this will delete all of your details along with the tree you have created, your messages and any threads you have participated in.

So the effect is not the same for a banned member or if someone decides to delete their account

Joy Kentish Maid

Joy Kentish Maid Report 20 Dec 2012 13:18

Re
When you remove your account from the site, this will delete all of your details along with the tree you have created, your messages and any threads you have participated in.

if one looks at

http://www.genesreunited.co.za/boards/board/general_chat/thread/758690

one can see posts by Bryan who later removed his account.

GlitterBaby

GlitterBaby Report 20 Dec 2012 13:23

Looks as if the Support Team need some more training

Joy Kentish Maid

Joy Kentish Maid Report 20 Dec 2012 13:30

Inconsistency again, GB?