Suggestions

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Genes Extras

Genes Reunited subscription bonuses

As a way of saying thank you to our subscribers, we have launched Genes Extras. You'll find exclusive competitions and discounts on family history magazines, days out and much more.

Take me to Genes Extras

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Why do non-reported threads disappear?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Joy Kentish Maid

Joy Kentish Maid Report 21 Feb 2013 20:59

The most recent deleted thread has been restored; thanks to Phil again.

Joy Kentish Maid

Joy Kentish Maid Report 19 Feb 2013 16:12

http://www.genesreunited.co.za/boards/board/general_chat/thread/1319796

Joy Kentish Maid

Joy Kentish Maid Report 20 Jan 2013 20:19

The most recent deleted thread has been restored; thanks to Phil again.

Joy Kentish Maid

Joy Kentish Maid Report 17 Jan 2013 19:21

Another:

craft interest thread
http://www.genesreunited.co.za/boards/board/general_chat/thread/1317785?jump=1317785

Email sent to Phil.

Joy Kentish Maid

Joy Kentish Maid Report 11 Dec 2012 08:30

Thank you, Estelle. Hopefully the one reported missing recently will be restored soon, it had been of help, I understand, to a lot of people.

Estelle

Estelle Advisor Report 10 Dec 2012 11:38

Thank you Joy. I know Phil is able to see which threads have disappeared now. Hopefully he can set up something that will enable to the customer support team to be able to restore them for you.

Joy Kentish Maid

Joy Kentish Maid Report 9 Dec 2012 09:39

One lost thread returned by itself recently, but another has gone now; please see
http://www.genesreunited.co.za/boards/board/general_chat/thread/1315536

Joy Kentish Maid

Joy Kentish Maid Report 4 Dec 2012 18:09

Yes, there has been a bug removing non-reported threads for a long time now.

Estelle

Estelle Advisor Report 4 Dec 2012 14:53

Hello Joy,
Phil and I were chatting earlier about this. He has been monitoring this for a little while and it does look like there is a bug somewhere. He now has to find what exactly it is that is triggering the removal of threads. I'll let you know if I have any further news.
Kind regards,
Estelle

Joy Kentish Maid

Joy Kentish Maid Report 4 Dec 2012 09:30

This seems to be an ever-increasing occurrence.

This may seem unlike a suggestion, so: I suggest that this glitch in the site is sorted out, please.