Suggestions

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

SWITCHING BETWEEN YEARS ON THE CENSUS RECORDS

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

ARSTEE

ARSTEE Report 28 Jan 2013 00:45

Hi, it's been a few weeks since I last signed in so apologise if this has already been covered - had a quick look but couldn't see anything,,,,?

My problem is that when you've looked at someone on the census for say 1901, the drop down box seems to of diappeared on the left that you could change the census year to so you can then trace them back.,,,,,

had to click on a new year lower down that then gave me a blank lookup box so I had to fill in all the persons details again.....

Whats going on Genes as this is going to become very time consuming and annoying ???

ARSTEE

ARSTEE Report 22 Mar 2013 00:35

Is it only me that this bothers and frustrates ?

Kense

Kense Report 22 Mar 2013 08:37

I think this thread has a previous discussion about the problem:

http://www.genesreunited.co.uk/boards/board/genealogy_chat/thread/1318601

Unfortunately most of the helpers on the boards don't use census records on here so are not familiar with their usage.

Kense

Kense Report 22 Mar 2013 08:47

Oh sorry, I've just noticed your original message predated the thread I mentioned.

ARSTEE

ARSTEE Report 26 Mar 2013 23:08

Hi KenSe, i tried the search like you suggested on the other thread but this way was still very annoying as i had to keep pressing the back button to get back to the origional search page but thanks anyway X

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 5 Apr 2013 22:48

If you have a problem with GR's records, get in touch with Support.....

This is the Suggestions board...............