Suggestions

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Electoral Rolls

Looking for living relatives?

Search our UK Electoral Rolls (2002-2013) and find your living relatives today.

Search Electoral Rolls

New electoral roll records

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Message centre

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Reggie

Reggie Report 13 Apr 2013 11:36

I suggest that it is about time that the permanent inability to access 'sent' messages was dealt with..................

Gai

Gai Report 13 Apr 2013 12:57

Reggie,

After reading your post I went to my sent messages and clicked on a number of them.

Some were more recent and a couple were 12 months old and they came up without a problem so I don't seem to have a problem.

What is happening to you when you go to your sent messages.

Gai

KenSE

KenSE Report 13 Apr 2013 15:17

It's probably one of those problems that only affects members who have sent a lot of messages,( like the problems with My Threads).

InspectorGreenPen

InspectorGreenPen Report 14 Apr 2013 06:48

I too believe Ken is correct and it is the same problem that is reported under the "GRRRRRRRRRR --- THAT DREADED ERROR MESSAGE" thread.

It isn't specific to one particular process but appears to happen virtually anywhere within the site when it takes too long to access, sort and process the amount of data connected to the action that member has selected.

I have been getting errors when going to Sent Messages for several months but out of the blue, the same problem happened for the first time this very morning with my Inbox.

For me, Surname Summary is now virtually useless as I now get failures 90% of the time as soon as I try to move to another page, or when selecting member activity over the past 14 days.

Gai

Gai Report 14 Apr 2013 07:46

IGP,
I have given up on using the Surname summary as it will only load for names added in the last couple of days.

So unless I check everyday there is no point in trying to go back.

Frustrated to the max with GR and the NSW State Library i don't know why I bother at times.

patchem

patchem Report 14 Apr 2013 09:38

I can usually access sent messages on the third attempt.

Would use of the archive section help?

Reggie

Reggie Report 20 Apr 2013 09:32

This post was directed at GR............who have almost certainly not read it

One cannot find out if a message has been read if one cannot access sent messages

CupCakes

CupCakes Report 21 Apr 2013 10:11

Reggie I don't seem to have any problem - checked back to my 2008 messages and all opened without any problem.

:-) :-) :-) :-)

KenSE

KenSE Report 21 Apr 2013 13:56

I would be interesting to know how many messages people have in their sent boxes especially if they have a problem. I have 222 and don't have a problem opening them.

InspectorGreenPen

InspectorGreenPen Report 21 Apr 2013 14:09

Inbox = 2,450
Sent Messages = 2,440

It is the latter that is problematical most of the time.

Joy Kentish Maid

Joy Kentish Maid Report 21 Apr 2013 14:40

"Inbox
We have found 4838 messages."

Sent Messages - I no longer have the patience to keep clicking to and fro.

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 21 Apr 2013 22:41

I don't usually try to access Sent messages

I have problems with Inbox ..................... it only allows me to open one message per visit.

If I have 3 new messages, I usually have to go out of Inbox, then re-enter in order to read each message, one by one.

On very rare occasions, I will get to read 2 messages, then have to exit and re-enter.

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 21 Apr 2013 22:44

Inbox ............ 2916 messages

Sent ........... 2924 messages

Opening Sent took time, but did open on the first attempt