Suggestions

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Gedcom

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Aries47

Aries47 Report 19 Apr 2013 09:51

Could somebody please tell me the way to use Gedcom as I am having to go to a company and they have said to send my tree via this method to them, so that it can be printed out for me. However, I am very much the beginner and would not want to lose the work that I have done with the greatest of help from members on here?

ElizabethK

ElizabethK Report 19 Apr 2013 10:07

Hello Pauline

This board is really meant for people to make suggestions on how GR can improve their service,I think you will get more help if you post your request on the "Genealogy Chat" board

:-)

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 19 Apr 2013 12:00

Hover your mouse over the words 'Family Tree' at the top of this (or any other page) and select 'Export Gedcom' and follow the instrucitons

A copy will be sent as an attachment to an email. Unless you have a family tree programme on your computer, you won't be able to open it. However, you will be able to send it to the Printers as an attachment.

http://www.genesreunited.co.uk/help/faqs?key=50
gives more detailed information