Suggestions

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Needed A - Z of GR's URL links

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

CupCakes

CupCakes Report 25 Apr 2013 12:52

Members including myself ask for info and make suggests to GR.
There is so much info on the site but it is all buried away under page layers making it not so obvious to find.

Would suggest a A-Z list of all links which will help members find the info they need.

This is best practise on so many sites.

:-) :-)

Porkie_Pie

Porkie_Pie Report 25 Apr 2013 16:04

Not sure what info your referring to NS but if I want info that can be found on the community boards I use the Advanced Search facility

There is a A -Z facility for records held by GR, Click on the sitemap at the bottom of the page to open that facility

Roy

Gee

Gee Report 25 Apr 2013 20:30

You know, I'd never seen the A-Z option....thank you Mr Pie :-)

Joy

Joy Report 25 Apr 2013 21:23

Indeed, Roy:
http://www.genesreunited.co.za/sitemap

Though, just as "Meet the Team", it may not be up to date. :)

Porkie_Pie

Porkie_Pie Report 25 Apr 2013 21:54

First thing I look for on any web site is the sitemap,

Must be my Army training :-D

Roy

Gee

Gee Report 25 Apr 2013 21:56

Or maybe a 'smarty pants' ;-)

I would have thought you knew that Susan?

Porkie_Pie

Porkie_Pie Report 25 Apr 2013 21:57

:-P

Roy :-D ;-)

Gee

Gee Report 25 Apr 2013 22:01

Charming!

.......and there is me, thinking you were a gent :-P

;-)

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 25 Apr 2013 22:32

NS ..............

have you never looked at the stickied threads at the top of several Boards ................... giving tips to urls of other sites, and where to find information??

All posted by extremely experienced members ......... many of whom have, or had, many more than 15 years of experience. Some of them had 50 years of experience in genealogical research, and are well respected members of GR.

The problem is that GR does not have a facility for organising a search of those threads into alphabetical order.

However, this thread is promoting the use of other sites, which you are always saying we should not do on GR :-S :-S

CupCakes

CupCakes Report 26 Apr 2013 16:59

:-D :-D :-D :-D