Suggestions

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Problems Board

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Graham

Graham Report 26 Jun 2013 14:07

Perhaps we can have a new board where people can post threads about any problems they've had with using the site.

jax

jax Report 26 Jun 2013 14:45

I thought this was it :-D

Graham

Graham Report 26 Jun 2013 16:16

This board is for making suggestions about possible changes. What I mean is a board for threads about problems with using the site as it is. So you could have threads about problems logging in, threads about problems posting, threads about vanishing thread, and so on. ;-)

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 26 Jun 2013 17:30

Graham

I think this has been suggested already .............. many people thought it was a good idea.

However, in the usual fashion of things ..................... I'm not sure that we got any response.

You might want to look on Natasha's Suggestions Round-up thread, and see if she has referred to it in any of the 3 (?4) round-ups that she has posted..

http://www.genesreunited.co.uk/boards/board/suggestions/thread/1324153

Kense

Kense Report 26 Jun 2013 19:37

I don't think GR want a board that highlights problems with the site. Their usual response to problems is to tell you to contact support.

Many members prefer to post their troubles on the board they use most frequently. I doubt that many of the reports currently made on General Chat would get put on a new board.

Porkie_Pie

Porkie_Pie Report 26 Jun 2013 20:03

Agree with Ken,

When GR introduced the new makeover site it had loads of problems,

I did a comprehensive list of the problems members where having with possible solutions that did work for most but not all members and GR did let it stay on the board for a while "possibly because they hadn't seen it" but they did eventually remove/delete it

Roy

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 27 Jun 2013 08:44

Such a board would only have any value if GR looked at it - and took action.

Colin

Colin Report 14 Dec 2013 08:22

I have an Error Summary stating HTTP Error 503.0 - Service Unavailable. This service is unavailable. Can anyone advise me what to do? This has been for the past few days. I have sent an email to GR but had no response yet. Any advice would be gratefully appreciated as this is very frustrating. Has anyone else got this problem?

Colin

Colin Report 14 Dec 2013 08:22

I have an Error Summary stating HTTP Error 503.0 - Service Unavailable. This service is unavailable. Can anyone advise me what to do? This has been for the past few days. I have sent an email to GR but had no response yet. Any advice would be gratefully appreciated as this is very frustrating. Has anyone else got this problem?

Kense

Kense Report 14 Dec 2013 08:27

http://www.genesreunited.co.uk/boards/board/tips_board/thread/1316233?page=2

That thread explains what to do.

Basically you use Compatibility View to degrade your browser when using the GR site.

Colin

Colin Report 16 Dec 2013 08:01

Thank you KenSE for your advice. I can now get into GR through this way. Much appreciated. :-)

Community Manager

Community Manager Advisor Report 16 Dec 2013 11:24

Hi Everyone -

We would prefer that the suggestions board be used for ideas which would improve Genes Reunited. Suggestions are read and raised with product development and design teams, to move forward with implementation on site.

We encourage members to email [email protected] with any issues.

Regards

Shelley

David

David Report 7 Jan 2014 08:28

I have been contacted by a lost relative through GR and I want to get in touch. Can anyone tell me how I can give her my email address without it being public on here?

David Timmins

ElizabethK

ElizabethK Report 7 Jan 2014 10:20

David

Is the person a member of GR ?

If so just click on the avatar(or whatever is there) of the paerson who contacted you and you will see "send messsage" this sends a message privately.

jax

jax Report 7 Jan 2014 13:35

Have you been contacted privately David? or was it on a thread?

If you have had a private message, just reply to it

Joy

Joy Report 8 Jan 2014 10:03

There are over 40 pages of problems posted in the suggestions board. The fact that they have not been actioned / removed gives a bad impression.

Graham

Graham Report 8 Jan 2014 10:54

I quite agree Joy. It looks as if they're just sweeping the problems under the carpet.

Gerry

Gerry Report 24 Mar 2014 14:00

I'm annoyed that GR dp not post a notice on the Home page when theres a service problem, it's not rocket science.
GR are always keen to blame someone else for any issues regarding the system falling over, or not working correctly, saying things such as "Contact your service provider" or that you are using the wrong or out of date browser, or that your interner security tool is in conflict.
It's never GR.
Such a shame that GR do not spend some money on getting a more reliable service rather than changing things not always for the better, Downloading photo's for instance on the details page, they messed up big time a couple of years ago when they changed things around.

Unknown

Unknown Report 4 May 2014 23:33

Can the search button be moved away from the sign out button, as I have caught this button several times by mistake..

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 5 May 2014 00:51

why do you sign out????

I never do :-)

If it really bothers you, it might be better to start a new thread on this Suggestions Board, to ask that question, rather than piggy backing on one that was asking a completely different question