Suggestions

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

New Military Records

New military records

Was your ancestor a war hero?

View thousands of brand new military records, including Chelsea Pensioner records, Military Nurses, Prisoners of war and much more.

View military records today

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Re a roundup of the latest suggestions

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Joy Kentish Maid

Joy Kentish Maid Report 31 Jul 2013 08:38

It would be welcomed and appreciated if all matters in the suggestions board were dealt with, please, ie noted / actioned / removed as appropriate, starting with the first post and working forward.

Thank you.

TootyFruity

TootyFruity Report 2 Aug 2013 20:50

That's a good idea Joy then everyone, including the team can see at a glance what the state of play is. :-D

Joy Kentish Maid

Joy Kentish Maid Report 8 Aug 2013 08:18

Thank you. :-)

GlitterBaby

GlitterBaby Report 8 Aug 2013 14:14

One of the most sensible suggestions I have seen so totally agree Joy

KenSE

KenSE Report 9 Aug 2013 11:11

While I agree that it would be nice to see that done, to me it seems like a lot of effort for a Genes person to expend on something that is just cosmetic and useful to just a small part of the membership.

I would hope that Genes do have some internal system for dealing with suggestions in a systematic way but I suspect that Natasha's fortnightly report is the best way we can hope to see that information..

GlitterBaby

GlitterBaby Report 9 Aug 2013 12:36

But Ken the fortnightly report by Natasha, Community Manager, is not happening every two weeks.

The last one was dated 19th July 2013

wisechild

wisechild Report 9 Aug 2013 13:54

I understand from another thread that Natasha has been on holiday.
Without wishing to invade her privacy, perhaps she could in future advise members that she is not going to be available between certain dates.

KenSE

KenSE Report 9 Aug 2013 14:21

Yes wisechild, and there was one other occasion when the roundup was a week late, but so far Natasha has been quite reliable. Previous promises by Genes staff have not turned out so well.

Joy Kentish Maid

Joy Kentish Maid Report 13 Aug 2013 19:14

Re
"• It would be welcomed and appreciated if all matters in the suggestions board were dealt with, please, ie noted / actioned / removed as appropriate, starting with the first post and working forward
- From May we have been updating members every 2 -3 weeks on the latest suggestions on the suggestions board including those in the threads: Records, Tree and General. If you have a suggestion that hasn’t been addressed yet it’s best if you repost this on the suggestions board. "

With respect, posts in the suggestions board commenced in May 2011, at the request of Genes Reunited.

Why not start at the beginning?

KenSE

KenSE Report 14 Aug 2013 09:00

With nearing a thousand suggestion threads and over five hundred posts on the stickied suggestion threads, I fear that would be a massive task for GR to undertake.

I think it is more practical for members to ensure their favourite proposals are restated.

wisechild

wisechild Report 14 Aug 2013 13:00

I would assume that the roundups only started in May 2013 because that´s when Natasha took on the job.
Genes troubled with afterthought?