Suggestions

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

New Scottish Census

New Scottish census records

Do you have Scottish ancestors?

Perhaps you do and you just didn't know! Search our brand new Scottish census records today and discover if you have Scottish roots.

Search Scottish Census

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Only 40 matches found when searching for a topic

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Joy Kentish Maid

Joy Kentish Maid Report 17 Aug 2013 22:39

A brought forward suggestion for consideration, please:

http://www.genesreunited.co.za/boards/board/suggestions/thread/1303434
Some while ago members were told that this issue would be resolved soon.
How soon is soon?

One used to be able to find all threads that contained, for instance, the word certificate in the title.

DazedConfused

DazedConfused Report 18 Aug 2013 10:26

When you consider that most requests are headed as

Help Needed
How Do I Find

or something else that has no mention of the word ie Certificate in the header, surely then searching for a specifica word in the heading is pretty futile.

Far too many posts headings are not imho worded in way that is of use. I know I get quite frustrated with the obscure nature of many of the headings....

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 4 Sep 2013 19:27

http://www.genesreunited.co.uk/boards/board/suggestions/thread/1324153

Community Advisor Report 3 Sep 2013 10:03

3rd September 2013 – A round-up of the latest suggestions from the Suggestions Board:

A couple of suggestions have been brought forward on the Suggestions Board, they have been answered in previous round-ups, and the original responses are below. I don’t have any further updates for these two at the moment.

• Only 40 matches when searching for a topic.
-This is something we know is not performing as it should, and we will be looking into it, however, there are other tasks that will take priority over this first.

Natasha
--------------

Joy Kentish Maid

Joy Kentish Maid Report 4 Sep 2013 21:15

Thank you, Sylvia.

GR: from the links given, this was mentioned over a year ago; the search function did used to work effectively.