Suggestions

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Site problems

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Alisdair

Alisdair Report 29 Dec 2014 08:05

May I suggest a forum for people to point out problems they are experiencing with the site

It could also be used for GR to keep members up to date

It may help to stop problems being lost in the general forum

Kense

Kense Report 29 Dec 2014 20:01

Even if there was such a forum you would still find members posting about site problems on General Chat.

Alisdair

Alisdair Report 30 Dec 2014 04:37

Thanks for the support. [/irony]

The problem with any forum is that some people mispost. Just because some members may mispost doesn't mean that the forum shouldn't be tried.

There are genealogical questions in the general forum and even in this forum, you cannot legislate for those people.

Kense

Kense Report 30 Dec 2014 08:12

The idea of having a problem site was raised soon after the suggestion board was started. It was not taken up by GR as they want faults to be reported directly to support where they can be dealt with. At the time the site had been updated resulting in many problems.

Edit:
This thread includes GR's response:
http://www.genesreunited.co.uk/boards/board/suggestions/thread/1281942

Graham

Graham Report 30 Dec 2014 13:34

I don't think GR like having these gliches being aired on the internet for all to see. It might give people the impression that the site is riddled with problems. (As the saying goes - the truth hurts ;-) )

http://www.genesreunited.co.uk/boards/board/suggestions/thread/1327032?page=0

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 22 Jan 2015 17:42

see Suggestions Board Round-up for GR's response

Travelman

Travelman Report 22 Jan 2015 20:42

GR Tree is not saving new/amended data tonight, very frustrating :-(

I have emailed GR Support .....

Lawrence

Lawrence Report 8 Mar 2015 16:02

My tree is not opening when running in Firefox; I'm using Version 36.0.1. However, it works correctly using Internet Explorer 11 for Windows 7.

Graham

Graham Report 8 Mar 2015 18:09

My tree is working okay. Try clearing your browser history. If that doesn't work email support. [email protected]

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 8 Mar 2015 19:20

OR

post your problem on Genealogy Chat .........................

there are members on there who might be able to suggest help ...............

and they never look on this Board

The Suggestions Board is for suggesting improvements to the site to GR ................

your only response from them to "problems" will be the same as Graham told you .................

email

[email protected]

Community Manager

Community Manager Advisor Report 16 Mar 2015 17:41

Hi Lawrence,

We ask that technical issues are reported to [email protected].

This is to ensure that queries are logged, and resolved on a case by case basis.

Regards,

Shelley

Elizabeth

Elizabeth Report 27 Feb 2017 19:38

Help
If I try an edit a family member, what I type comes out in reverse, with upper and lower cases altering at random! I have reported this to GR but they say they can't replicate the problem!

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 27 Feb 2017 21:14

Elizabeth

If you had read this thread you would realise that no staff member will answer, and only a couple of members keep an eye open for new postings.

Please start a new thread of your own on the Genealogy Chat Board where there are members who may know how to help you.

Otherwise, the only advice is to keep on emailing GR at

[email protected]

Elizabeth

Elizabeth Report 28 Feb 2017 18:49

Help
If I try an edit a family member, what I type comes out in reverse, with upper and lower cases altering at random! I have reported this to GR but they say they can't replicate the problem!

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 28 Feb 2017 20:07

Elizabeth

we're only members like yourse;f

We can't help you.

Please do as I suggested, and post on the Genealogy Chat Board, to see if anyone else has had the same problem.

Very few people look here, and GR never does.

This Board was never intended to give help on problems with the techinical aspects of the site.