Suggestions

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

import & export

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Kathryn

Kathryn Report 15 Jul 2016 21:32

Does export file mean that you are deleting your tree from the site? If so, how do you share your tree with a non-GR user? I don't want to delete it, just share. The person I'm sharing it with uses Ancestry. Can someone help me there?
Thanks!
Kate Turner

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 16 Jul 2016 01:43

don't ask on here ......

.... this Board was meant for suggestions to improve the site. But the staff no longer even look on this Board, and neither do most of the members

I suggest that you delete this post, and the re-post on the Genealogy Chat Board where there are a number of members who will know the answer.

If all else fails, email GR at the following address, and you shoudl get an answer in3 working days

[email protected]

But start by asking on the Genealogy Chat Board, and delete this post.

Kense

Kense Report 15 Nov 2016 15:55

The tree remains, it is not deleted by an export but it is overwritten by an import.

Sylvia is right, few people look at this board.