Suggestions

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Assessing complaints

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

James

James Report 13 Sep 2016 09:35

Could complaints be properly evaluated by GR before reply, please?

I recently complained aboute GR canceling my search credits (and simply grabbing this money), when there could be many reasons for members not spending them for a while. Futhermore i said it was unfair to ask for Credits to be cashed to review items already in ones', 'Keepsake' -which is a misnomer if the document is effectively 'lost' and has to be re-bought.

The CS reply I found annoying, rambling and nonsensical......... not addressing the issues at all, and going on more about Friends Reuniteds politics. Was an ipad drag-across reply system used,I wonder?

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 13 Sep 2016 18:13

James ..........

No point on posting on here.

This was intended to be a Board for suggestions to improve GR .............. which yours is

But the very limited staff at GR have not looked on here for around 2 years.

The only replies you will get are from the 2 or 3 GR members like myself who keep an eye on Suggestions so that we can at least give a response to people.

As a point of information ......... credits do expire, and what you have downloaded or looked at is only available for a limited time. They do tell you that in the T&Cs.

You should in future download to your hard drive. That is the only way not to lose documents.

Good luck

sylvia

James

James Report 14 Sep 2016 10:07

sylvia.

Thank you for your reply..which at lesst made sense.

In my email, I feared that GR was in decline (a la Friends Reunited) after having provided me with much of my family history. Your reply suggests this fear is founded.

Finally, If one advertises a section as a 'Keepsafe', then it should be so, and not a mere short-term lending library. when a client is on a rolling credit payment scheme it is grossly unfair to grab the csash paid.Thankfully I did save to my hard drive

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 14 Sep 2016 22:15

glad I could help.

I also fear that GR is in decline ................. all the attention is paid to Find My Past, which was the company's site, and then they bought GR in 2009. The Competitions Board ruled both sites had to be maintained as viable options ............................

I can see GR becoming what it used to be ............. a site to build your tree, get help from members but without the records etc.