Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

''HELP US TO HELP YOU, THREE''

Page 0 + 1 of 219

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. 6
  7. 7
  8. 8
  9. 9
  10. 10
  11. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Susan

Susan Report 11 May 2010 02:04

Hi Everyone

This is a help thread to give the new members a few tips on how the boards work.
The tips only appear on the first post.

Please !!

When you post your thread remember to stay at your computer for a short while so we can ask questions back to you.

Give us all the information you have on the person you wish to find ie; place and date of birth including the county and country ,not all of us live in the Uk.

The helpers are not paid by Genes they help because they like to so try to remember to thank them,in some cases they use there own paid subsciptions to help you.

To answer to your thread just scroll to the bottom of the page
To find all your threads go to left hand side of your screen and click on My Threads and that will take you back to all the thread you have and will post on these boards.

To add a thread for a request for help.
Go to Board summary left hand side of page ,you can post on any board,Find Ancestors I find is the best.
Remember only post the same request on one board not multiple boards.
Click on Find Ancestors ,go to add topic at the top of the page ,click on that and fill in the boxes,submit post.

Happy Hunting
Suex

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 11 May 2010 03:23

Thnaks Sue

Good to see this back again!

sylvia
xx

Susan

Susan Report 11 May 2010 03:27

Hi Sylvia

I still don't know what happened to the thread,no reply from Genes.

I have let some of the others know,can't seem to find Frank though.

Robert is going to have fun trying to find us too.

Check in later.

Suex

Kiwibird

Kiwibird Report 11 May 2010 05:11

Hi Sue, remembered seeing Frank in another Thread so have passed on the message about this new thread to him.
Josie xx

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 11 May 2010 05:15

I've also let him know

Tabitha

Tabitha Report 11 May 2010 13:24

Ok what was it we said this time

Bet it was all the discussions on Nightware that sent it off this time.

Glad to be back together again

Wonder how long it will last this time?

Cynthia

Cynthia Report 11 May 2010 13:37

I'm sure I added to this earlier today??? Mind you, it was early so maybe I didn't click on submit???

I think I may have Robert in my threads so will look later on. I will also let Evelyn and Reece know if that helps. There is also Catherine and Debbie.

This is the reply I have received from Genes

Thank you for your email. If the thread has been removed I regret it cannot be reinstated. Genes Reunited would not remove the thread unless there were inappropriate comments or the message was unsuitable for the message board.

Best regards,

Laura
Genes Reunited Support Team

I have emailed back wondering if they are being age discriminatory!!! Well, what else was there to object to on the thread for heaven's sake???

Hope you all have a good day. Will pop back later. Cx.

Evelyn

Evelyn Report 11 May 2010 15:10

Hello Everybody,
See I found you, you cant hide from me.
Nice to be back on line, maybe satin and lace upset someone. Perhaps 3rd time lucky.
Its very windy here today but at least it is dry, I hope the wind drops by Friday when we catch the ferry home, or I know someone that will be feeling queezy.
We had a lovely lunch today , no not Horse Meat.
We will be back in France for July.
Ron is still lazing around, I really must get in touch with Viv to see if I can borrow a cattle prod.
Fingers crossed that everyone will find us.
Love to all my friends

Evelyn

FRANK06

FRANK06 Report 11 May 2010 20:11

It has come to the attention of Genes Reunited that Sylvia is reputed to have been trawling the boards disguised as a Na'vi of Pandora fame.
The only redeeming feature of this deception being the inclusion of a Wyncyette nightie which caused quite a flutter amongst the older members.

See what you started Cynthia with your blue skinned goosebumpy description of our Canadian emigrant..........

GR were probably just shocked by further allegations that Sylvia was a tartan slipper wearing Smurf clothed in a wyncyette nightie..........pretty shocking for those unfamiliar with such a sight :))

I must agree Sylvia,that you probably would be a bit blue if you were out in -20* wearing a nightie!

I must thank all you lovely ladies for your messages regarding the loss of our thread.

My OH was rather curious as to why I was receiving so many messages from these "female admirers" but I just told her it was the old fogies ;)))

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 11 May 2010 20:23

old fogies !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

methinks the rolling pin needs to be rmoved from the back of the drawer!

It was me muvver's rolling pin ..... so it's seen a lot of use*

sylvia

* rolling dough I mean :)))))

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 11 May 2010 20:40

blue rinse?????????

I would have you know that I don't have a blue rinse

and yep, a 80+ year old wooden rolling pin is to be cherished!

Tabitha

Tabitha Report 11 May 2010 21:06

OH dear - Rolling pins at dawn me thinks

I'm with Evelyn - I think us old fogies were a mite too spicy for the tender folks reading our banter.

All that talk of Wyncyette & long teeshirts was just one step too far, I have to stick by what I said earlier (& had it deleted) I prefer Satin & Lace on a nightie or Silk

Won't carry on in that train of thought - incase we are removed again.

Glad we are all back together again.

Night Night all

FRANK06

FRANK06 Report 11 May 2010 21:42

Anne my dear,

I must agree that all of this nightwear chit-chat amongst us old fogies was obviously too much for the kiddies that make the rules these days and goodness only knows what they will make of Sylvia's rolling pin!

You will get us deleted again with your Satin & Lace.

Where's our Cynthia with the Horlicks :))

Cynthia

Cynthia Report 11 May 2010 21:46

Well it's good to see that it takes more than a simple deletion to deter this gang!

However, to anyone who has not joined us before....please....feel welcome to join in with us at any time. We're crackers but nice and not exclusive.

I have had a look for Robert in my threads but I have 12 pages with that name in and I can't remember his surname. I do hope he doesn't feel we have deserted him in his shell. Maybe he will catch up with us soon.

Frank, you should be flattered by all the attention you received. Please tell your delightful OH that 'the old fogies' are only thinking of your welfare. You will need some tender loving care after Sylvia wallops you with that rolling pin.

A busy day here. A nasty reply from a member. An oven which has gone wonky.....all in a day's work.

.....and, a new Prime Minister!

Good to see you all again. Cx.

Evelyn

Evelyn Report 11 May 2010 22:30

Please Frank can I have Cocoa instead of Horlicks?
When I was a nipper it was the copper stick I got slapped with not the rolling, mother always used a milk bottle to roll the pastry, I wouldnt have liked a slap with one of those.
So you have a new P M lets hope all goes well with the new coalition.
Goodnight all
Evelyn

Evelyn

Evelyn Report 11 May 2010 22:30

Please Frank can I have Cocoa instead of Horlicks?
When I was a nipper it was the copper stick I got slapped with not the rolling, mother always used a milk bottle to roll the pastry, I wouldnt have liked a slap with one of those.
So you have a new P M lets hope all goes well with the new coalition.
Goodnight all
Evelyn

Evelyn

Evelyn Report 11 May 2010 22:32

It was me that deleted, I posted twice by mistake, old age catching up with me
Evelyn

FRANK06

FRANK06 Report 11 May 2010 22:36

I was usually walloped with the belt but sometimes a large pan would come flying past my ear....I was usually running at the time !!

Sorry Evelyn, I'm afraid that Cynthia didn't even bring the hot milk so it's going to be bread & water for supper tonight.

Evelyn

Evelyn Report 11 May 2010 22:45

O K Frank I will make us some Milky cocoa, do you fancy a few cream crackers with it

Susan

Susan Report 12 May 2010 02:30

Hi Everyone

So glad to see you all again,it would take more that deleting our thread to get rid of us

Cynthia I did get the same reply as you but I sent a message back telling them all about the thread and the fact we have now put it on Tips ,that sugest to me that it is oK to leave it alone.
Tips mean Tips on how to seach the boards so they have no reason to delete again.

Glad to hear you have a new Pm in the Uk,now the country may be able to get back on its feet again,it has been a tough time for you all .

We have faired well over here ,we were given a stimulus package to keep the economy going and it worked now we have to pay it all back but slowly and be back in the black by 2013 so they say anyway

I must say I was given the belt as well but my dad has said sorry for that but it was the way back then,mind you kids today are a lot worse than we were and they need a few clouts ,I think anyway.

My grandchildren have had a few taps on the backside .

I am into the ironing today ,very boring I know but it has to be done sometime I guess.

Catch you all later today.
Suex