Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

O.M.G. HOT MATCHES !!!! Do I hold the record

Page 0 + 1 of 5

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Braken

Braken Report 17 Jun 2011 21:59

What the h...... has happened to hot matches

I have been waiting all year for some and as I have over a thousand names on my tree I have been fed up waiting It's only June now

Then finally they arrive five pages full but they are mixed up with my old ones and there is no way of telling which are the new ones I have clicked on the new symble but nothing has happened there is no way of telling

:-P ;-) :-( :-( :-P

Norma

Norma Report 17 Jun 2011 22:07

Hi Carol
i have just clicked onto Hot Matches and there are 15 pages but when you click on View nothing happens,
Norma

Braken

Braken Report 17 Jun 2011 22:14

Yes I have fifteen pages altogether five pages of new ones because I had 10 already but they are mixed up I haven't got a clue which are new before we had a new symbol in but now nothing frustrating

grannyfranny

grannyfranny Report 17 Jun 2011 22:26

I have just had 15 pages added, I only seem to be able to view the ones of people I am in contact with.

Braken

Braken Report 17 Jun 2011 22:30

OH cute granddaughter

grannyfranny

grannyfranny Report 17 Jun 2011 22:38

Thank you!

Sally

Sally Report 17 Jun 2011 22:43

mine is the same

sally w :-S

Bertett

Bertett Report 17 Jun 2011 22:47

Same here! :-(

Braken

Braken Report 17 Jun 2011 22:51

So genes have spent all year updating the system to get it wrong YET AGAIN

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 17 Jun 2011 22:57

I have just looked at my Hot Matches - and I've had 15 pages added too. Again when you click on the new ones there is nothing to view.

Starting to get really fed up of the site. I can only get in using .com at the moment as.co.uk keeps giving the "essential maintenance" message.

Kath. x

lancashireAnn

lancashireAnn Report 17 Jun 2011 23:03

also ot 15 pages and cannot view Any of them, new or or contacted or otherwise.

Clicking on view discarded matches gives identical pages as current hot matches!!!

Jean

Jean Report 18 Jun 2011 00:21

Pages & Pages of "hot matches" old & new but can't view any!! some of them have over a hundred "matches" Genes are getting worse not better. I've not had a proper "hot match" for months now, :-S

Carol 430181

Carol 430181 Report 18 Jun 2011 01:06

I also seem to have 15 pages and can't view any, well at least they are treating us all the same lol ;-)

Carol

Berniethatwas

Berniethatwas Report 18 Jun 2011 01:35

Now now, behave or the phantom referer will get you.
Don't you appreciate the 'improvements' that happen so regularly on this site?

Glad it's not just me!!!
B

Dame*Shelly*(

Dame*Shelly*("\(*o*)/") Report 18 Jun 2011 02:28

nope i dont have 15 pages
but i do have 1 exta but yep like you lot nothink happens when i try to open to view

LakesLass

LakesLass Report 18 Jun 2011 10:05

Same for me. Maybe 1 or 2 pages normally, now 15 pages and can't open old or new ones. SO frustrating :-(

Norma

Norma Report 18 Jun 2011 12:21

Hi all
I have just sent an email to Genereunited support re the problems with the "Hot Matches" explaining the problems but I have also said that a lot of Genes members are getting fed up with all the problems and that things seemed to work better with the previous owners.
Will let you all know what sort of response iIget from them!!!
Best wishes
Norma

Braken

Braken Report 18 Jun 2011 12:48

Thankyou Norma

I have emailed several times this year re hot matches as I wasn't getting any and was told the new system they were working on would be for the better ha ha

I think like you genes was better a few years ago

On our trees at the top of the screen where it tells you how many people you had on your tree it also told you how many surnames you had NOT NOW THOUGH

Lots of little things that made it eaiser for us we have now lost

Carol

GinaS

GinaS Report 18 Jun 2011 13:15

An extra 12 Pages of Hot Matches

Cannot view any of them!!!!!

Joy

Joy Report 18 Jun 2011 14:01

Having reported it to [email protected], I am thanked for reporting it and advised that the technical team is aware of the problem and is working on implementing a solution.
I hope that all members that cannot view matches nor discard them will report this issue.