Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

ancestors/living relatives :double postings

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Alisoun

Alisoun Report 23 Jul 2013 18:01

Is it ok to add a thread on" living relatives" using names of people you've already posted on "searching ancestors" or "geneology chat" lines ?
Having traced Great Grand father i'd like to put a post up for possible living cousins but don't want to break rules about posting about the same person .

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 23 Jul 2013 18:37

Link the two together with the thread address and an explanation.

Assuming you've done as much research as you can, add the details of the potentially living people - birth year and area, marriages etc - and say what further research you've done yourself. Don't forget to include known initials!

The initial reaction will be to suggest
Searching Trees
Facebook
Friends Reunited
http://www.192.com/?gkw=192+com which is ER from 2002 when it was possible to opt out. FMP do apparently hold ER covered in some subs. Otherwise 192.com is pay to view.
http://www.thephonebook.bt.com phone book on line

MarieCeleste

MarieCeleste Report 23 Jul 2013 18:41

Hi Alisoun, I presume you've researched any possible descendants using FreeBMD and other BMD resources?

Alisoun

Alisoun Report 23 Jul 2013 18:56

I haven't done all the BMD because the only sibling I have a name for was in Glasgow + i don't have access to Scottish records the other 8 siblings known to be alive in 1924 May well have stayed in Russia or gone to other countries .
should i give the ref to my threads showing research done

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 23 Jul 2013 19:18

Yes - go to your research thread and copy and paste the thread address as it is shows in your browser bar.

eg, the one for this is
http://www.genesreunited.co.uk/boards/board/genealogy_chat/thread/1328485

Alisoun

Alisoun Report 23 Jul 2013 20:25

Hope you approve of my living relatives posting ; I didn't manage to put proper thread on I don't know what you mean by go to "research thread" nor could i find a browser bar ; I feel i should know what one is . but I'll try simple copy and paste and edit the posting

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 23 Jul 2013 20:33

Yeah! You've cracked the C&P of the thread addresses :-D :-D