Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Just my luck

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

wisechild

wisechild Report 30 Aug 2013 14:25

Just found the husband of my grandmother´s cousin who died in 1935 leaving an estate of nearly 100 thousand pounds.
Too far removed to have benefitted & anyway he had about 6 kids.

Tenerife Sun

Tenerife Sun Report 30 Aug 2013 16:36

It would have been very watered down by the time it got to you :-D

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 30 Aug 2013 16:52

My family on both sides didnt have two halfpennies to rub together. But when dads sister died in Scotland she did have some assets altho she lived in old folks council flat that had an on site warden

Sadly it was a neighbour who raised the alarm seeing milk that was delivered every two days building up on the doorstep .

When they gained access to her flat they found her dead in bed and had been gone for at least a week .

Her address book tho found her nephew and the eventually me who was her niece as well as her god daughter .

I would ring her every so often and get alarmed if she didnt pick up the phone ,but she was hard of hearing . She did amuse me one time by saying dont worry if I go I will let you know.

Anyway as my dad was her full brother and he was deceased, her estate was divided between me and my siblings and her nephew by her younger sister .

Very sad and costly to an estate when no will has been made

We have done both ours and a Power of Attorney for OH as he is having memory problems.

People think if they dont own property they have nothing to leave but ALL assets are estate

jax

jax Report 30 Aug 2013 17:14

None of my family never seemed to have leave anything until today :-D

I need to download a will from 1829 but it seems that my 4th gt grandfather left a house which became a pub to someperson who is said to be his son??? obviously not to my family :-(