Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

The British Newspaper Archive

British Newspaper Archive

Read about historical events at the time they were happening. Perhaps you'll discover your ancestor in their local newspaper?

Start searching

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

john robinson

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

John

John Report 8 Sep 2013 08:36

anyone help me please im trying to see if there was an in quest on my my great great grandfather who died 27 7 1866 in shotton colliery the coroner crofton maynard held inquest on 2 8 1866 but i cant find any info

Reggie

Reggie Report 8 Sep 2013 08:41

You say you're trying to find out IF there was an inquest........then give the date and the Coroner's name.

John

John Report 8 Sep 2013 08:48

the coroner was crofton maynard and inquest was2 8 1866 john died 27 7 1866

Flip

Flip Report 8 Sep 2013 10:03

This site gives details of mining deaths, but the only John Robinson who died on that date was only 14.

http://www.dmm.org.uk/names/names_ro.htm