Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Ancestry

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Alan

Alan Report 7 Oct 2013 12:03

Is the Ancestry site working, have been trying for the last twenty minutes and cannot get on it.

Alan.

Carol

Carol Report 7 Oct 2013 12:09

Its telling me I'm not a member but have been since 2005
Regards Carol

Treehunter

Treehunter Report 7 Oct 2013 12:14

Yes its not letting me have home page just getting a blank one. I did get to home page then it went off. :-(

Treehunter

Treehunter Report 7 Oct 2013 12:16

Look at this site it tells you what sites are down. Look on the right hand side and go down page.

http://www.isitdownrightnow.com/

Alan

Alan Report 7 Oct 2013 12:18

Thanks I thought it may have been my computer.

Alan.

GlitterBaby

GlitterBaby Report 7 Oct 2013 12:18

Asking me to sign in and I never logout

Login has failed

Gai

Gai Report 7 Oct 2013 12:23

I posted on Facebook and received this reply

Ancestry.com.au Hi Gai, sorry for the inconvenience. We are looking into reports of site slowness and access issues at the moment and hope to have more information available soon. Apologies again.

I haven't had much luck lately with not being able to access GR all weekend and no Ancestry. Maybe I should give up.

*Alison*

*Alison* Report 7 Oct 2013 12:28

i have come here to see if anyone else was having trouble getting on to Ancestry, so it's not just me then.
Hopefully it will be working again soon.

:-)

wisechild

wisechild Report 7 Oct 2013 13:08

Not just you. It´s been iffy for a couple of days.
had a real problem getting into it today & can´t access my tree, nor any lookups that I want.
There is a message at the top of the page saying they are experiencing problems.
So am I. :-0 :-0 :-0

Maryanna

Maryanna Report 7 Oct 2013 13:08

Oh good, I am not alone.

Just when I have found some lovely Parish Records to print out too !!

Will just have to wait a bit longer then. M

wisechild

wisechild Report 7 Oct 2013 13:13

Snap Maryanna.
Just get to look at the Birmingham records & there they were, gone.

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 7 Oct 2013 13:22

Seems to be working now, though there's an apology for intermittent service, at the top of each page.

It's certainly been slow for some days..

Treehunter

Treehunter Report 7 Oct 2013 13:33

I can get into home page but that's it wont let me search anything :-S

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 7 Oct 2013 13:40

It lets me search, but sometimes have to re- sign on

Potty

Potty Report 7 Oct 2013 14:01

Working OK for me now.

Libby

Libby Report 7 Oct 2013 15:26

I have been able to log on but only as a registered guest. My paid up worldwide memberships doesn't run out until March next year !! :-0

Alan

Alan Report 7 Oct 2013 15:45

I have Premium but when I try to view records now I am now getting this message:-

The record you have just tried to view is available with one of our memberships below.
Upgrade today for access to this record and all Pre-1837 records and so much more.

Alan.

Libby

Libby Report 7 Oct 2013 15:54

Update.

Sorry folks. Used wrong e-mail address. Must have been having a senior moment ;-)

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 8 Oct 2013 05:23

it's working fine for me now :-D

Fugiel

Fugiel Report 20 Oct 2013 23:51

Please help i am still having problems adding new relatives some times it works then the add box comes up to add the new ones i can put the name etc in but it wont let me add them getting a bit frustrated at this it's not the first time it's happened. :-(