Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

John Kelly Buried 15/9/1926 Ford Cemetery

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Lesley

Lesley Report 9 Nov 2013 01:35

Hi, I have located my great great grandfather John Kelly in the Ford Cemetery buried 15/9/13 in O 39 however no matter how I search I cannot locate actual record of death certificate. Can any one assist please. He was married to Agnes Callaghan, was born about 1860 in Dublin moved and had family in Liverpool.
Thanks Lesley

jax

jax Report 9 Nov 2013 02:09

???

England & Wales, Death Index, 1916-2007
about John Kelly
Name:
John Kelly
Birth Date:
abt 1860
Date of Registration:
Jun 1926
Age at Death:
Registration District:
West Derby
Inferred County:
Lancashire
Volume:
8b
Page:

Lesley

Lesley Report 9 Nov 2013 03:32

Hi Jax, Thanks for that. I did see that one but the burial was 15/9/1926 so I thought that it was too far away from the death to be valid. I have a copy of the interment listing of people in the same grave and they are family members so I assumed that the burial date thereon was correct. Now you have made me wonder! I will delve some more.
The Ford Cemetery hand written record also show him having been buried on 15/9/1926.

I think it unlikely that they would have kept him on ice so to speak for 3 months till burial. It made me think I had the wrong John Kelly but all the people in the grave are 3 of his children Margaret, James and Frances who died before him at 15,29 & 24, his father in law is in the same grave as is his mother in law. So I am fairly certain burial date is correct.

Do you have any ideas that might help me get my head around it all.
Thanks again, Lesley

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 9 Nov 2013 08:23

Maybe there had to be an inquest so burial was delayed

Porkie_Pie

Porkie_Pie Report 9 Nov 2013 17:50

Buy the death certificate,

It may confirm wether it is your rellie or not and give you some idea of why their was a delay in the buriel date.

Roy

Lesley

Lesley Report 10 Nov 2013 01:41

Roy, brilliant idea, now why didn't I think of that! LOL!
Shall do that right now.
Thanks Lesley

:-)

Gee

Gee Report 11 Nov 2013 08:02

This looks like the probate for the man that Jax posted

England & Wales, National Probate Calendar (Index of Wills and Administrations), 1858-1966

Name:John Francis Kelly <<Of 14 Church Road, Waterloo

Probate Date:12 Jun 1926

Death Date:25 Apr 1926

Death Place:Lancashire, England

Registry:Liverpool, England

Administration to: Eleanor Latham, widow £188 13s 1d

Edit: Just checked the age at death and it is is different to Jax post?

Lesley

Lesley Report 11 Nov 2013 20:03

Thanks Jins, wrong wife in this case so wrong John Kelly altogether. Will keep searching. Thanks for your assistance. Regards Lesley